Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 10:42:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from TX  (Read 1324 times)
itzian

« on: February 18, 2019, 08:15:17 PM »

Hello from DFW TX!  Getting a 2011 796 tomorrow.  Moving from an 09 Daytona 675.  I will be the 2nd owner.  The bike already has the rizomo handlebar and end mirrors.  There is also an LV SBK exhaust on it as well.  I love how the Termis sound, but I can live with the SBK sound too.  Only thing that I wish it came with is the flyscreen...is the flyscreen purely for looks or does it actually have a lot of function?  Anyways, hope to learn a lot here and meet some nice folks along the way.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 10:24:54 AM »

Welcome chug

Fly screens and headlight fairings are such a personal thing for style, rider height, type of riding and weather protection for instruments and rider. Try it with and without the fly screen from a looks and riding perspective. There are also aftermarket options.

2015 Scrambler 800
itzian

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 08:59:07 PM »

Thanks Koko!  Just got the bike last Sunday...now i need Texas to pick a season and stick with it for a lil while.
Curmudgeon

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 06:58:18 PM »

Hello from DFW TX!  Getting a 2011 796 tomorrow.  Only thing that I wish it came with is the flyscreen...is the flyscreen purely for looks or does it actually have a lot of function?  Anyways, hope to learn a lot here and meet some nice folks along the way.

While small, the OEM fairing quiets air flow considerably as it was designed in a wind tunnel. 80 MPH is MUCH quieter on my 796 than my other naked. Hard to believe unless you try it.

Two locals here bought last edition 1100 EVO's with red paint, gold frames and round mirrors but no fairings. When one complained about I-64 turbulence, told him to find one on eBay. He did and convinced the other EVO rider. That was ~ 3 years ago, so maybe not so many on eBay anymore. Larger dealers may have take-off as well. Just my $0.02. Smiley

Incidentally, the plastic winshield portion scratches easily from debris. Maybe worth finding a spare. Takes a weirld small torx for the fairing screws. Bought a set from Radio Shack before they folded. Electronics supply store for those.

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: