Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 10:27:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Buckner MO  (Read 877 times)
barrowsr

« on: February 21, 2019, 07:13:09 AM »

Old guy who is new to Ducati.  Truth be told I started riding in the 60s Drag raced my first Honda 350 and later on a Kawasaki H2.  Mechanic at a Kawasaki shop during college.  Built a HD 52 Panhead chopper - happily that stage in my life is in the distant past.  Spent 20 years flying for the Marine Corps and owning various Japanese liter bikes plus one Sportster.  None of them handled worth a darn. Always thought Ducati  was an exotic bike that cafe racers owned.  I've always wanted a street tracker but the factories wouldn't build a decent one that didn't weigh too much.  Went almost 20 years without a bike in the garage until a couple of years back the wife said it would be okay to get one so I started building a street tracker using a 03 Sportster.  Then Indian marketed their FTR1200 Custom and eventually a production model - that was the bike for me!  Until they began ratcheting up the price after announcing MSRP.  I decided that was not the company I wanted to do business with so I landed at our local Ducati Dealer.  I have my sights set on an 821 Monster  and will use the extra 5K from the Indian deal to finish the Sportster build.  I'm looking forward to my test ride - as soon as some of this damn snow melts.  Other hobbies:  guns, bird hunting, english setters, wood working and model trains.
Robin
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 09:54:17 AM »

Welcome chug

Be great to hear your ride impressions of the Monster and to see a report on your tracker project. I've got a soft spot for Sportsters and fantasize about owning KR and XR750's Grin should of bought an XR1000 back in the day.

Cheers

2015 Scrambler 800
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: