Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:12:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 into 1 exhaust  (Read 2260 times)
cencalal

« on: February 18, 2019, 08:55:41 AM »

There don't seem to be any aftermarket systems available, but I'd like to try a 2 into 1 exhaust on my M695, just for something different.   I see that the Multistrada 620 uses one that divides under the seat into two mufflers.  I'm wondering if those pipes would fit the 695 frame/swingarm.  Not looking for an under the seat setup, but could possibly cut and bend the riser/connector for a single muffler on the right side.  There's a short larger diameter section behind a heat shield on these Multistrada pipes - is that a catalytic converter?

Thanks for any suggestions.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 09:22:27 AM by cencalal » Logged
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 09:29:17 AM »

The little multi system is what I based my 2-1 on. Mine is on a s2r800, but I think you will have similar fitment options.

You'll have to re route due to the swing arm differences. It'll fit the engine and the frame until just after the merge. It's an unequal length header setup, so not the best for ultimate top end.

cencalal

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 11:16:20 AM »

That's what I was hoping - a usable 2 into 1 merge section.  Looks like it would take two 90ยบ bends to get over to and up through the opening in my swingarm, and then cross over behind the shock to exit on the right side...
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 11:22:43 AM »

Yes, that is a little cat. I'm using it as a "muffler." It's... A "little" anti social.

You'll end up with a little more ground clearance because of the way the horizontal header routes.

cencalal

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 02:54:26 PM »

A little more ground clearance is good - I always like a little clearance between me and the ground!
RogerG

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 07:56:52 AM »

I have a custom 2in1 on my M796. Check in my topic......
cencalal

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 12:45:18 PM »

That looks good Roger.  I think a 2 into 1 makes a bike look slimmer, and of course it's a bit lighter.  I just bought the complete exhaust system from a 620 Multistrada to work with - $70 sans muffler. 
jmiles

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 02:13:49 AM »

It's getting tricky to find anything for these bikes now.
I have a Marving 2 into 1 set up. A while back, someone tried to steal it. But, I caught them.
What didn't do was really check the bike over, to see if anything was loosened. About a week later, on the 405 south, near DISNEYLAND. The end pipe and can catapulted off the bike, as I was going around 80. Landed squarely on the SUV behind me.
 Monsterparts had 2 left. It's a pretty straight forward fit, good quality. contacting Marving direct possibly? It is in Italy though.
With that exhaust, and some clip ons, I have a pretty effective lane splitter. good luck with your quest!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: