Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 04:41:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former MotoGP and World Superbike rider Reuben Xaus drifting a 2019 Hypermotard  (Read 579 times)
paso87

« on: January 30, 2019, 05:17:46 AM »

If you have never seen Reuben Xaus drift a Ducati Hypermotard you should watch this short video of him on a new 2019 Hypermotard.

https://www.visordown.com/news/viral/watch-rub%C3%A9n-xaus-drifts-ducati%E2%80%99s-new-hypermotard-950

Here is another one on the original 1100 Hypermotard

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 09:43:39 AM »

I think he had to learn a new way to initiate the slide.....  No rear wheel ABS delete would send him quite deep into the slide control program, yes?

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
paso87

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 08:27:02 PM »

Did you have a chance to read the Test report from Al which can be found under the video play area box?  The tester said: "With the wheelie control off, you need to be very careful – I almost flipped the bugger within a hundred yards of the pit exit. It feels like it needs a ‘0.5’ setting on the wheelie control – ‘1’ interferes a bit too much, yet ‘off’ is properly nuts."  You should be able to turn the ABS off but the Anti Wheelie function sure sounds like it could get you in trouble. With 1 being the lowest control setting but it interferes too much with riding and Off making the bike wheelie happy that is a little too much of a razors edge for me. But the newer Ducatis really have a great range of adjust ability and you can also turn things off but you have to be careful of what you ask for like this Anti Wheelie setting. Perhaps that could be modified with a software mod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: