Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 08:46:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone make black braided lines for oil coolers?  (Read 1747 times)
Wzed

« on: December 29, 2018, 07:42:24 PM »

I'm putting on a new oil cooler, and I was toying with the idea of black oil lines.  That being said, I can't seem to find them; would shrink wrapping them be a bad idea? 
greenohawk69

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 08:23:35 PM »

https://www.ebay.com/bhp/braided-oil-line

What about these?

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=40739.0

"An enlightened people, and an energetic public opinion... will control and enchain the aristocratic spirit of the government." --Thomas Jefferson to Chevalier de Ouis, 1814

There are 4 boxes to be used in the defense of liberty:  Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo.  Please use in this order.  -- Ed Howdershelt
caperix

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 05:38:41 AM »

I think frentubo makes a number of color choices for oil and brake lines.  I got a set of hypermotard oil lines from PJs parts a few years back, but they have now closed.  Motowheels lists some frentubo parts so they may be able to special order anything from the catalog.  Another option would be to use black shrink tube over the existing lines.
cayman s

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 06:06:05 PM »

Heat shrink will work, but you might wish to consider braided sleeving like one of these: 

https://www.cabletiesandmore.com/BraidedSleeving.php

CS
Wzed

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 09:49:32 PM »

For anyone else looking for these, I found them at Carpimoto.  Fren Tubo "Type 4" black carbon weave lines, silver crimp collars, black alu fittings.  They shipped only a few days after I made payment - pretty quick for Italians!  The translation wasn't entirely clear, so I'm not certain that I'm going to get what I needed, but I'm hopeful.

Edit: VERY fast shipping from Italy, and arrived exactly as described!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:35:24 PM by Wzed » Logged
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 01:47:58 PM »

waytogo

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
JonS2R

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 03:53:52 PM »

For anyone else looking for these, I found them at Carpimoto.  Fren Tubo "Type 4" black carbon weave lines, silver crimp collars, black alu fittings.  They shipped only a few days after I made payment - pretty quick for Italians!  The translation wasn't entirely clear, so I'm not certain that I'm going to get what I needed, but I'm hopeful.

Edit: VERY fast shipping from Italy, and arrived exactly as described!

Cool let us know how the install goes!

2007 S2R 1000
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: