Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 03:34:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have a rough estimate on ECU Remapping costs?  (Read 1332 times)
Jruwducati

« on: December 19, 2018, 09:12:34 PM »

I’ve got an s2r 1000 that has a full arrow exhaust and corse dynamics velocity stacks and k&n filters. It supposedly has had the ECU remapped prior to me owning it, but the idle is still jumpy at times, bounces from 1500-2000 rpms. I want to get it straightened out and was curious if anyone has had a similar issue and overcame it. Price estimates would be appreciated.
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 09:25:10 PM »

I suspect you are looking for a custom tune... Those require a dyno, and last time I priced them you were starting at $300. That was some time ago. Make sure your chosen tuner can deal with the appropriate ECU.

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 09:30:25 PM »

Also make sure valve adjustment, belt tension, throttle body synch, TPS etc. are good first.
Jruwducati

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 09:33:38 PM »

I suppose so. Whatever is needed to get the idle consistent and the pregnant dog as peppy as it should be. It’s going to the Ducati shop in Indianapolis so I hope they can handle it. If not I also live close to Analog Motorcycles. With the crazy bikes they build I think they would for sure to be able to handle it. Thanks for the response and numbers.  chug
Jruwducati

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 09:37:14 PM »

It’s at the mileage where it’s ready for new belts and valve spec check. It’s got 19k. I bought it in September and have already got over $2500 in mods. I should have went straight to the tune but I’m a customizing slut and can’t help myself. Probably will have to check into Ducati Rehab by the time 2019 wraps up. Grin
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 09:42:13 PM »

Your idle seems a bit high to me, but iirc the 1k has the stepper motor idle air control. While that can be part of the tune, it's going to be tricky to get it exactly right in all conditions. Likely what happened with the current tune is they fixed it for whatever ambient conditions were, but not where you find it acting strange.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: