Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 08:01:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ignitech on an EFI bike - ignition only  (Read 5563 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 09:33:23 AM »

Thanks for that, I didn't know about that site.  is the difference between the 1000 and the 1000DS the DS has twin plug heads?
Yes.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

buzzer

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 03:35:28 AM »

Update...  I sent the unit back to Ignitech...  It was delivered and signed for on the 2nd Jan.

I have emailed 4 times to ask whats happening, no response, no acknowledgement, nothing.

very very poor.

So whats my alternative?  anyone got a suggestion for another company who produce a similar unit?
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 03:46:40 AM »

Update...  I sent the unit back to Ignitech...  It was delivered and signed for on the 2nd Jan.

I have emailed 4 times to ask whats happening, no response, no acknowledgement, nothing.

very very poor.

So whats my alternative?  anyone got a suggestion for another company who produce a similar unit?
I've been waiting for a company to put two shotgun firing pins in the mail since Dec 20. They claim they're busy. What's my alternative...make my own. I don't have a lathe.

I'm not aware of an alternative besides building your own. As I've said, ignitech won't leave you hanging.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

buzzer

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 04:08:53 AM »

Where are you based?  If it’s a simple job I could probably make you a firing pin for you on my lathe…
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 04:16:28 AM »

Where are you based?  If it’s a simple job I could probably make you a firing pin for you on my lathe…
I'm in the US. I don't think either of us want to deal with the restrictions on importation of firearm parts.

Besides...life's circumstances has taught me patience. I suggest you be the same with ignitech. They'll get it sorted.

perspective

buzzer

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 04:31:21 AM »

yea, good point on the firearms parts  laughingdp

I am patient, its the complete lack of  ANY response that gets me...  A friend sent them a sales enquiry this morning, and they came right back...

I will give it a couple more days before I try to find and alternative and let people know what my experience with Ignitech has been like...  shame as I love the unit and software...
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 04:58:52 AM »

They're a small shop...two guys, I think. When they have some info I'm sure they'll get back to you.

I agree, it wouldn't be a big deal to acknowledge receipt of the unit. Good luck finding an alternative.

perspective

buzzer

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 06:17:31 AM »

they have come back to me finally....  let see...
greenmonster

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 05:01:32 AM »

The guys there sent we a unit already customised to run with a bike (1000 engine) using a hall effect sensor.

proves the inductive pickup is OK ( i did initially think it was a hall sensor but since found out its inductive...)

1. Confusing. Do you have an Ignitech for Hall sensor and your engine has an inductive?

2. In your first screenshot, shouldn`t "number of lobe at rotor" be 48?http://www.ignitech.cz/en/vyrobky/tcip/manual_sparker_tcip4_v88_en.pdf , on top first part.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:18:09 AM by greenmonster » Logged

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
buzzer

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2019, 07:35:10 AM »

update...

Ignitec received the unit back on the 2nd Jan.  took them till the 10th to reply to emails, but said the found nothing wrong?  said they had bench tested it.  I asked them to return it, which they did and it arrived yesterday.

today I plugged it in, connected it to the PC, and the first thing I noticed was the configuration of the unit still matched the configuration that was on the PC...  I then saved the file just to be sure i had a base file.

I then hit the start button, and it fired into life!  now in the mean time I have done nothing to the wiring on the bike...  so they must have done something, I have no idea what.  all is well that ends well though, and its running!
greenmonster

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2019, 09:56:55 AM »

waytogo

Does the map you have now look exactly as in your first 3 screenshots on page 1 in this topic?
Downloaded any good DS maps?

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
buzzer

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 03:29:13 PM »

waytogo

Does the map you have now look exactly as in your first 3 screenshots on page 1 in this topic?
Downloaded any good DS maps?

The bike is now running, it sounds fantastic!  I balanced the carbs with the vacuum gauge.  I prefer to use a single gauge as its far more accurate…  if ever you have a bank of gauges connect them up to a single vacuum source and check they are calibrated.  most are WAY off!  with a twin I simply use a “T” piece and clamp the pipes individually with a pair of  pliers, alternating from one cylinder to the other…   the clamp in the picture is to damp the needle on the gauge.  Its a VERY accurate way of doing it…  makes a huge difference to the tick over.

Below is the initial configuration of the Ignitech ignition.  I have the original 1000 DS map and a Ducati Performance map and will take a look and compare it to the Ignitech on in the next week and post up the results.

greenmonster

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 12:19:48 PM »

waytogo

The TPS 0%/100% voltage, default or measured by you?

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 12:43:56 PM »

I wonder how much less advance the motor will like since it has twin plug heads.
Will you be playing on the dyno at all?

2015 Scrambler 800
buzzer

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2019, 03:13:23 PM »

waytogo

The TPS 0%/100% voltage, default or measured by you?

It was set by me.   You click the set button closed and again fully open. It appears to be linear.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: