Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 01:21:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ignitech on an EFI bike - ignition only  (Read 5561 times)
buzzer

« on: December 15, 2018, 04:26:02 AM »

A few months ago I purchased an ignition module directly from Ignitech.  The guys there sent we a unit already customised to run with a bike (1000 engine) using a hall effect sensor.  It came wired and they said it was plug and play...

I have now fitted it, but the bike will only run on the vertical cylinder?  I have loaded up and run the configuration software, and all seems OK there, but it wont fire the second plug, even when I use the test  tab.  I have swapped over the coils, and even substituted them for a pair of known good ones.

I have sent the wiring diagram to Jiri at Ignitech who has looked over the settings (i did screen shots) and has now asked me to send the ignition data file, which I have done.  They have been very responsive to emails but I guess they are away now until Monday but I really wanted it running!

any suggestions from you guys?  there seems to be a lot of experience with the ignition on here...

Here is my connection list (the terminal highlighted yellow came pre-wired)

greenmonster

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 07:23:57 AM »

Don`t you need 15 & 17 to make the map work?
1 vector is RPM, the other TPS.

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
buzzer

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 09:38:20 AM »

Don`t you need 15 & 17 to make the map work?
1 vector is RPM, the other TPS.

I have 15 and 17 connected.  the software sees the TPS, and I have baselined it open and closed.  that all looks OK.

just cant get it to fire ignition one?
greenmonster

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 12:55:16 AM »

Bad junkyard wiring cable/cables? The right firing option in software chosen?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 04:28:55 AM by greenmonster » Logged

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
buzzer

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 01:01:39 AM »

Bad junkyard wiring cable/cables? The rightf firing option in software chosen?

I have carefully checked the continuity of every cable, but will do it again just to be sure.  I have also checked the pins/ connectors and they check OK.   The cable i have used for the main wires on the ignition were either supplied or new. 

Will have a look at the software again later as i couldnt see on option for fireing

Thanks, keep the suggestions comming!
buzzer

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 08:19:53 AM »

Did I say they were responsive to Emails? I take it back... no reply now for days, despite several emails asking for help/updates.

I am beginning to suspect its a faulty unit... so no support from them.

Any of you guys got an suggestions?

or even where I can buy an alternative ignition from?
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 10:25:55 AM »

I've never heard where they completely dropped the ball with a customer. I understand you're frustrated, but  try to be patient. I'm not aware of an alternative unit.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 01:25:33 PM »

Do the software options appear like "single lobe, single pick up" or "single lobe, dual pick up" and number of cylinders for motor configuration?

I recieved the incorrect software disc once, so its worth checking the website for software downloads that suit your particular version.

2015 Scrambler 800
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 01:41:41 PM »

Could be the incorrect engine configuration option in the software giving you the Supermono effect. No option for number of cylinders or lobes/pick ups in the scroll down?
Its possible you need another software package from their website. On more than one occasion they supplied old software requiring me to download from the website.

2015 Scrambler 800
buzzer

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 02:08:29 PM »

thanks guys, here are a couple of screen shots...

[imghttps://bunnyhopweb.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/wire-3.png]http://[/img]

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 04:44:35 PM »

Whats with the base and max advance settings for the Channel 1 & 2 boxes? Do they represent each cylinder or TPS 3D map related? I havent seen that before. They are quite different so Im unsure.

2015 Scrambler 800
greenmonster

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 05:39:42 AM »

I was one of the first to fiddle w Ignitech for carbs, they do response but could take a few days and answer
a bit short. I have not worked w Ignitech f efi, fiddled w MyECU and Tunerpro.

From pics, something is wrong, that ignition map is the default for carbed ducs.
You should have a proper one w vectors TPS and RPM. Wrong software/map?
Or, in pic 2, if you choose "RPM and TPS" instead of "only RPM", do you get a proper map?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 05:57:43 AM by greenmonster » Logged

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
buzzer

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 05:08:13 AM »

Thanks,

the company have got back to me and we have discussed what may be wrong...  I sent them the configuration file and they have bench tested this and said its OK.  They have been very helpful now we are in communication with one another.

I went back to basics with the wiring (there are only a few) and it still wont spark on the second channel using the fire facility on the test tab or turning the engine over.   Its sparking on one Chanel with the engine turning over so this kind of proves the inductive pickup is OK ( i did initially think it was a hall sensor but since found out its inductive...)

as to the maps, its basic stuff at the moment, just need to get it running and go from there.  in the past I have had good results with 3d ignitions on cars where they are running carbs.  The map below was one I developed for my old Ford Crossflow which was on twin 45 webers, it transformed the way it drove over a distributor setup.

I have sent the unit back to IgniTech today, so its a wait now to see what the guys say when they receive it back.

its on a Multistrada 1000 DS that has  been converted to carbs, so in theory getting just the ignition to work should be simple...  we will see!  I will update when I know more.

greenmonster

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2018, 06:12:06 AM »

i did initially think it was a hall sensor but since found out its inductive...)

So what worked for
http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=76643.0
where you posted to help should work for you then.

Easiest way to get a good map would be to get a Tunerpro registration
http://www.tunerpro.net/
and download http://motoxdf.wikia.com/wiki/Motorcycle_Tuning_XDF_Wiki for proper maps to copy.
Beware of difference 1000 & 1000DS (ignition map especially).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:41:58 AM by greenmonster » Logged

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
buzzer

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2018, 07:28:24 AM »

Thanks for that, I didn't know about that site.  is the difference between the 1000 and the 1000DS the DS has twin plug heads?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: