Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 17, 2024, 10:28:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Total Idiot Mistake. Opinions please  (Read 1066 times)
Jruwducati

« on: December 09, 2018, 06:35:24 PM »

I was out riding my bike earlier and stopped at home to go to the bathroom. I left the bike on because I was planning on coming right back out. Anyways, I come inside and realize my washing machine is flooding my whole back room. So I’m cleaning it up as best as I can before my wife comes home for upwards of an hour and half completely forgetting about my S2r 1000 running outside. When I walk back in an area I can hear it I run outside and turn it off. The temperature reading was HI for probably a while. The clutch seems to be engaging way sooner on the lever and the oil is cooked. I hope no other damage has been done. When I shut the bike off and turned the key back on the oil temp read 333 degrees. Obviously I’m infuriated. What other damage could have occurred? The clutch plates only had about 300 miles on them.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 07:30:26 PM »

No way of telling over the interwebs.  I wouldn't condemn the clutch yet either.  Change the oil and Take thd bike for a ride tomorrow.  If the bike runs fine and there is no smoke you probably got lucky.  Yout should change the clutch fluid too.

Just curious, how do you know the oil is cooked?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 07:34:54 PM by howie » Logged
Jruwducati

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 07:41:56 PM »

It looks a little blackish through the window.
Jruwducati

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 07:54:07 PM »

I started it up after it cooled down and everything “seemed” to be running fine. I didn’t drive it so I won’t be able to be sure of the clutch issues until I change the oil out of it and ride it again.
Jruwducati

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 10:41:53 PM »

I saw on another thread with the same exact bike when his overheated his clutch had a similar issue because the clutch sluice simply overheated.
Qomomoko

Return of the Yoga

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 01:59:31 AM »

hmm 1.5 hours running idle... did not even occur to me that this can happen.
How is the bike? did you just replace both fluids and it runs well now??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: