Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 12:43:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EVR Progressive Engagement Pressure Plate.. Does anyone have positive feedback?  (Read 1878 times)
Jruwducati

« on: December 08, 2018, 08:46:47 PM »

Recently purchased an EVR Progressive engagement pressure plate and after receiving it I have come across a few bad reviews. I’ve read that there is quite a bit more drag and slipping occurring. Also that neutral is a bit of a challenge to find but that’s not so much of an issue as slipping and drag. I haven’t gone about to installing it yet so could still send it back. Is anyone running one with good results? Very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:10:08 AM by Jruwducati » Logged
Jruwducati

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 10:46:32 PM »

Anyone?
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 01:22:10 AM »

I did a thread on this some time ago. Worth doing a search here. Long story short, I returned mine after trying hard to make it work. Clutch drag was my issue. Maybe my plates were incompatible but I worked hard with stack height to no avail. Talk to the vendor as I may have done it wrong.

2015 Scrambler 800
Jruwducati

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 09:23:36 AM »

I think that’s the thread I was reading that sent me into a bit of a panic. I was hoping a few people would post on here with positive results.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 12:25:47 PM »

Sorry it put you off.  Have a good chat with the vendor. I got mine from sponsor Motowheels and I gave honest constructive feedback which was appreciated. An issue could be the quality of instal instructions back then which have probably improved. It is an excellent concept and the product itself may have evolved since then. The issue from a vendors point of view is the uncontrolled variable of setting stack height with each and every clutch pack out there. I wouldn't want to sell it unless I installed it for each customer. Good products poorly installed may get a bad name. A good example are flatslide carburettors, FCR 39's & 41's are the bees knees, but poor tuning/jetting for each individual bikes requirements can make them look bad.

2015 Scrambler 800
Jruwducati

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 12:41:31 PM »

It seems to have at least slightly specific instructions with it. I live near Chicago and my bike is going to Analog Motorcycles to get a solid tune for my exhaust and velocity/ K&N filters. I may have them install it and dial it in. My bike has Barnett clutch plates so that may make it a little more difficult to dial in the pressure plate. In the instructions including with the pressure plate it says to have the clutch plates between certain mm’s for stack height. If it’s to short or to tall slipping will occur.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 02:01:02 PM »

Do yourself a favor, and put an OEM clutch pack back in the bike.

You'll thank me later.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Jruwducati

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 03:31:09 PM »

Whys that?
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 04:00:18 PM »

Whys that?
Barnett clutch parts are cheap for a reason.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: