Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 16, 2024, 12:32:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel pump for monster 400 2005 fitting 800 tank  (Read 738 times)
rick.gill

« on: February 13, 2019, 01:19:24 PM »

Just bought a tank from a wrecked 800 to replace the dented tank on my 04 620 dark. What I didn’t know was the replacement was plastic and had a flange fuel pump not the in tank. Pity as just put new pump in old tank. Anyway these flange pumps are like rocking horse poop to find and expensive. Have found the common part number fits from 620 to 1000 2005 onwards. Also found a reasonably priced 2007 400 pump which looks the same. Does anyone know if this will fit and work? The flange is the round type with 6 bolts . Or if someone has a spare 62 to 1000?
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 06:28:14 AM »

You are searching for the whole assembly... With a little bit of work, you can replace just the pump itself. Sponsor CA-cycleworks used to sell the pumps. They are a pretty standard automotive design. The important part is the base where it mates with the flange and the outlet pipe size.

rick.gill

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 01:51:28 PM »

Thanks the problem is I don’t have any of the flange assembly including the flange itself. The old pump is the in tank model. I have seen a flange assembly for a 490 just need to know if it will fit on to the 800 flange, and work ie it will plug into the harness and correct pressure etc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: