Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 05:07:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 monster 1000 s2r timing belt replacement  (Read 646 times)
bwill166

« on: November 26, 2018, 04:33:17 PM »

Hi all. So I got my cam timing issue resolved. now on to the belts. So if there were already belts on it , it wouldn't be a problem. But, it came to me with no belts. So I align all the marks to install the belts. No problem there. But as a double check, does anyone know how many teeth on the belts from crank mark to the verticle cylinder mark and the horizontal cylinder mark? Appreciate the input.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 09:06:05 PM »

Dont know the number, but someone will.

Have you lined up the crank TDC marker behind the timing case plug when you lined up the pulley markers? There may be a notched tooth that lines up with a pointer in the dim recesses of the case and you need a strong light to see it. You'd swear the factory was making servicing more difficult. Gone are the days of a timing window.

Some models have cam plugs allowing the use of cam locking pins that screw into the plug holes to locate the cams/pulleys. I use them, but be aware of the danger of catastrophic results if you forget to remove them and start the bike!

2015 Scrambler 800
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: