Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 01:48:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to replace fuel tank on 1100evo?  (Read 581 times)
nathanTX

« on: November 11, 2018, 07:01:50 PM »

I had a spinning tank bolt on the rear mount of my 2012 1100evo.  I read several places where people recommended drilling from the top side and replacing the captured female insert in the tank's rear mounting tang with just a hole to allow passing through a bolt from the top side and securing with a nut from underneath.  Well, that's bad advice, or at least not true on all models/all markets.  Mine has a hollow tang and gas extends all the way back into the mounting tang area.  The gas drips on the floor from the pilot hole I drilled say so.  So now I'm on to replacing my tank.

Question is really a couple of things. 
1) to swap fuel pump over, what is involved?  Replacement fuel pump gasket?  Any tips on torque specs, things to watch for in a plastic tank replacement? 
2) almost every used tank I see for sale has the keyed gas cap still in place and notes 'does not come with key'.  How does one remove a cap that doesn't have a key and swap on the existing cap so it matches existing ignition?  The only mounting bolts I see are inside the filler opening once key has given access, and I SURE don't want to damage a newly purchased replacement tank trying to force open an old cap without key.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: