Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 08:57:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Injectors not firing on 620 Monster  (Read 680 times)
Corse

« on: November 10, 2018, 04:43:56 PM »

Looking for advice on my 620 Monster.
Currently neither injector is firing. It sat for a number of years when I obtained it and managed to get it running well using a newer clean fuel tank. After sitting a few weeks it now does not want to start even after changing several components including
1. New fuel pump,
Filter and even tried two other good fuel tanks
2.  Cleaned out fuel lines
3. Swapped out fuses
4. Swapped out crank sensor
5. Swapped fuel relay
6. Checked earth on ECU
7. New battery
8. Checked all connections
9. Impedance across injectors are in spec

Pump primes, fuel is under pressure, all panel lights light up and I have spark on the plugs, motor cranks but the Injectors are  absolutely bone dry. It is very unlikely that after running well that both injectors are now blocked so my only conclusion as this point is that the ECU is damaged.  Anyone have a similar experience? Thanks

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 12:17:33 AM »

Your next step, if not done yet, is verify there is voltage going to the injectors.  Easiest way is with a fuel injector noid light which should cost about $15 at any store that sells automotive tools.  http://www.engine-misfire.com/how-to-check-fuel-injector-pulse-using-a-noid-light/

The computer signals the injector to fire by grounding that injector.  Since there is really no way to positively diagnose the computer itself you would need to trace for faults in the wiring .  No wiring diagram?  Look here  http://www.ducati.com/services/maintenance/index.do 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: