Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 01:19:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M900ie DP Kit?  (Read 1757 times)
cmross13

« on: November 04, 2018, 12:59:02 PM »

i dont know much about some of these years of bikes but my newly acquired 2000 M900ie came with a box of "extras". in that box is a Magneti Marelli IAW15M.A8 with a bright red Ducati Performance 96504900B decal on it. i have done a little googling and cant find much info on a DP kit for these bike. perhaps my interweb skills are lacking. can anybody else tell me what this DP kit might consist of?

2007 S4RS, 2000 M900ie
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 01:12:42 PM »

Short google session suggest it's in the exhaust + ECU box. Exhaust would then be 96424001C

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
cmross13

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 01:28:50 PM »

from what i gather those are for DP/Remus slip-ons, so then with Arrow slip-ons and modified airbox and filter i should be good to go, i would think?

2007 S4RS, 2000 M900ie
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 01:42:58 PM »

30% maybe and 70% probably  Cool

AFAIK you can get close to verification by checking plugs for color, paint on heads by exhaust ports and exhaust pipes for color. All three ok + smoothly running bike are good signs.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
cmross13

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 01:49:31 PM »

well the bike is currently being torn down to parts for a full winter resto-mod. i didnt even know i had the ECU until about an hour ago when my buddy picked up some parts lol

i ordered a Power Commander for it unkowingly but will gladly send it back if its not needed. i was never a fan of piggyback systems.

"performance mods" are pretty limited, including Arrow low mounts, BMC or similar filter, and open airbox. MAYBE a header if i can find one that is worth the money. other than that just a coil upgrade, get rid of all the extra vent/emissions stuff in place of a K&N breather filter, and battery/starting wire upgrade, none of which are really related. once its all back together i'll spin the bike up on a dyno to check for a/f and install the PC3 if needed i suppose

2007 S4RS, 2000 M900ie
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 02:53:55 PM »

Confirmed stopintimes number for the kit but couldn't find the number just for the ECU. Standard from the factory that motor has hotter cams, bigger diameter  and fuel injected throttle bodies, bigger airbox, and better ignition map compared to the carbed 900. All it needs to really take off is higher compression pistons (just sayin'). With the DP kit the AFR may or may not be close enough, but a dyno test will tell you if you need that PCIII and a dyno tune for sure. My brothers bike is an 01 900S ie and is a very satisfying bike to ride. His bike has a dynotuned PCIII, Termis, open airbox and hi comp pistons. Fancy header pipes would be a waste of money compared to fitting hi comp pistons. The fancy pipes could cost more than paying a good tech to fit JE hi comp pistons for you. It will be easier with the bike torn down too. Your bike is the pinnacle of 900 motors and just needs more compression to come alive. Aside from our sponsors Powerbarn has a special on JE pistons. The higher comp requires premium fuel, but it's worth it.

2015 Scrambler 800
cmross13

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 03:15:22 PM »

Confirmed stopintimes number for the kit but couldn't find the number just for the ECU. Standard from the factory that motor has hotter cams, bigger diameter  and fuel injected throttle bodies, bigger airbox, and better ignition map compared to the carbed 900. All it needs to really take off is higher compression pistons (just sayin'). With the DP kit the AFR may or may not be close enough, but a dyno test will tell you if you need that PCIII and a dyno tune for sure. My brothers bike is an 01 900S ie and is a very satisfying bike to ride. His bike has a dynotuned PCIII, Termis, open airbox and hi comp pistons. Fancy header pipes would be a waste of money compared to fitting hi comp pistons. The fancy pipes could cost more than paying a good tech to fit JE hi comp pistons for you. It will be easier with the bike torn down too. Your bike is the pinnacle of 900 motors and just needs more compression to come alive. Aside from our sponsors Powerbarn has a special on JE pistons. The higher comp requires premium fuel, but it's worth it.

greeattttttt, now i know pistons only cost $300 lol. im calling machine shop tomorrow to see what its going to cost me to have the cylinders cleaned and bored lol

also, FYI: ive found my answer in a 2003 Monster DP catalog. the silencer numbers stopintime gave me are actually for the DP kit with air box and ecu Wink 

"96424001C m l 5
Carbonio ovali, centralina elettronica e filtro aria
Carbon oval, injection control unit and air filter"

thanks community!

2007 S4RS, 2000 M900ie
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 06:05:30 PM »

If you just go hi comp pistons and stock bore you will have 90% of the benefit with money left over for dyno tuning/PCIII and a nice valve job. waytogo
The numbers matched in my 2003 DP catalogue  waytogo. Stock bore handles hotter weather better. Rebore/replate cylinders gives a few more hp and more torque but gets more stressed if you live in a hot climate. Just something to note. A good valve job is worth it.

2015 Scrambler 800
cmross13

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 01:41:09 AM »

thanks again for all the replies and info. ive contacted rexxer who has informed me he has a modified DP map for this ECU with 11.5:1s Wink

2007 S4RS, 2000 M900ie
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 06:23:28 AM »

waytogo
Keep us posted on your progress .

2015 Scrambler 800
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: