Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 07:50:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tipped  (Read 795 times)
uclabiker06

"The time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted"

« on: October 31, 2018, 08:05:59 AM »

Went outside my friends house in the morning over the weekend and saw this.  Turns out it was my friends neighbor did it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IPbUMifYdg&feature=youtu.be

Luckily left his number.  Trying to get an estimate but the dealership wants to charge me for one. I really don't want to pay for an estimate.  

The front upper fender (above the headlight), mirror, blinker cover, and bar end look like they need to be replaced.  Some minor/moderate scuffs to the crank casing so I need to see if that needs to be replaced or rebuffed.  

Don't think Rizoma makes those mirrors (retro w/ carbon inlay) anymore. Any advice appreciated.        

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 08:14:33 AM by uclabiker06 » Logged

Life is never ours to keep, we borrow it and then we have to give it back.
2006 S2R
2009 Smart
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 09:17:42 AM »

~~~SNIP~~~

I really don't want to pay for an estimate.  

~~~SNIP~~~

I'm gonna be brutally honest here.

There seems to be a persistent attitude that moto crash repair estimates fall from the sky with no effort from the tech.
That is not the case, *at all*.
In effect, it's bringing the bike in to get actual work done, but not wanting to pay for the actual work.
I can say from personal experience as a shop owner, it's one of the fastest ways for a customer to get shown the door.

It's like getting to the checkout line at a grocery store and expecting to get half of your stuff at cost.
Cause, y'know, they make profit on the other half of the basket, so that should be OK....
 Roll Eyes

Do not use whatever experience/hearsay/rumor comes from auto crash repair as a basis for wanting a free estimate.
Auto repair estimate resources are light years beyond what is available for motos (but truthfully, beating a zero isn't hard).
Furthermore, the auto crash repair system is so make the beast with two backsed up corrupt rigged in favor of the insurance companies that it can only be used as a bad example.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 09:27:02 AM »

Besides what Speeddog said, the estimate cost should be reimbursed by the person who did the damage.

Who will be doing the work, the shop or you.? 
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 10:23:30 AM »

Rizoma Impulsive were discontinued 2012 or earlier.

If the neighbor accepts responsibility: either work with him based on parts and a reasonable work cash compensation OR offer to let him pay the estimate and whatever the estimate is. My opinion  Smiley

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
uclabiker06

"The time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted"

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 08:57:24 AM »

Stopintime, wow discontinued that sucks.  I really liked those mirrors.  Yes the neighbor is accepting responsibility.  I think I can manage to do the repairs myself.  I just need to figure out w/ him if I'm going to go through insurance or if he is going to pay out of pocket. Makes sense about the estimate.   

Life is never ours to keep, we borrow it and then we have to give it back.
2006 S2R
2009 Smart
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: