Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 05:24:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: s2r 800 front fork dive  (Read 775 times)
motomarini

motomarini

« on: October 28, 2018, 07:48:36 AM »

Grin You guys and gals ever get front fork dive even in mild corners ? Well, I just feel it and actually look at it ( for a millisecond ) during corner. Any ideas how to rectify this even a bit as it
appears to dive  what appears to be 3 inches. I tip scales at 200lbs so maybe it's my oversized self and no so much the forks  . . .  ?
Also, wondering on this '07 Duc if you guys ever experience fuel guage not working. Had to push her home as guage never lit.  Isn't it supposed to light up once fuel is at a third of a tank?
Appreciate all you guys and gals out there with any feedback as the Duc dealer just wants me to refi the house.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 07:54:10 AM »

It's the forks  Smiley Would be a tiny bit better if you were feather light, but still too 'soft'.

"Refi" the house might be required.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
motomarini

motomarini

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 08:09:50 AM »

It's only M o n e y   eh ?
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 08:27:34 AM »

Sure  waytogo

... on the other hand: I've seen people over your weight ride really fast on stock 800s, so it's obvious that you HAVE to modify it.

The fuel thingy is a thermistor. Might be broken. Not expensive, but requires a little work. When my dealer changed mine they ran into electrical problems and spend a couple of hours to figure it out. The replacement part wasn't a perfect match. Some brain work and soldering took care of it and I told them I didn't want to pay for experimenting with what should be a direct fit. Just a heads up. You COULD leave it and go by the trip conter / odometer.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 08:39:10 AM »

Yes, you're well beyond what the OEM springs are set for (just like ~75% of the Duc riders out there).

I've resprung several S2R's for 200-ish customers.
A set of ~0.95 fork springs and ~11.6 kg/mm shock spring would be a good start.
Logistically best to find a local suspension guy to work with.

Fuel gauge not working (or more commonly, fuel pump not running) is fairly common in that year range.
Replacing the wiring pass-thru assembly is the standard fix.
Definitely use the tripmeter as your primary data.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: