Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 18, 2024, 11:49:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: well I really wanted a Monster... I almost got one!  (Read 27671 times)
buzzer

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 07:21:50 AM »

yes I have gone for the Ignitech unit.  it came pre programmed with a base map and initially I will see how it goes.  However, my experience with cars is that the drive-ability can be improved immensely by going 3D so I will be adding a TPS to the end of one of the carbs.  thats why they are positioned slightly to one side.

here is the map I developed for my old Ford Crossflow.  it improved the way it drove no end!

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 07:53:26 AM »

This thread has gone from a simple tech question, to a full on mod thread, so off it goes to Acc & Mods. waytogo

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

buzzer

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 09:11:07 AM »

This thread has gone from a simple tech question, to a full on mod thread, so off it goes to Acc & Mods. waytogo

Thanks!   any chance you can change the title to soothing more appropriate?  I will keep it updated as I progress with the build
greenmonster

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 09:56:11 AM »

As koko asked, and I (on multistrada.net I am greenm), would be great if you opened Ignitech software.
We would like to help this guy
http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=76643.0
who has problems w Ignitech on a from start injection engine.

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 10:11:08 AM »

Thanks!   any chance you can change the title to soothing more appropriate?  I will keep it updated as I progress with the build

You started the thread, so you should be able to edit your first post and change the title to whatever you want.

And yes, please post up some info from your Ignitech unit.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
buzzer

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2018, 10:28:30 AM »

I cant open my unit at the moment as I dont have a working laptop :-(  however, I have posted some pictures on that thread of my connectors... 
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 10:58:54 AM »

I cant open my unit at the moment as I dont have a working laptop :-(  however, I have posted some pictures on that thread of my connectors... 

Best of luck on the laptop battle!

Thanks for the pics on the other thread.

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
buzzer

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2018, 12:07:53 PM »

been busy the last few days making the speedo housing and mounting the headlight.  I am using one of the digital rev counter and speedo's.  this single unit contains all the functions I need and is fully configurable too...  and quite cheap at £25.  it didn't look that good though, so I made a housing to fit it in and keep the wires tidy.

to make the housing I rolled some sheet alloy (couldn't get the right size tube...) and welded the joint.  I then spun an end in the lathe using the same material.  this is an interesting process (and old as the hills!) where you form the metal by spinning it and applying force as its turning.  I used an old bearing on a tube to save marking the alloy.  it came out rather well. 

I really am loving my new welder!

GK

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2018, 04:52:17 AM »

Very nice work!

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2018, 11:37:41 AM »

Old school spun alloy. waytogo

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 06:14:23 PM »

Any updates? popcorn

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 08:35:42 PM »

Nice!
buzzer

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2018, 10:43:42 AM »

jobs for today has been to put the seat foam on the aluminium tray and sand it to shape before sending it off to the trimmer.  I was able to sit on the bike and get it to the shape that suits me, which is nice.  the trimmer will add 15mm of soft foam on top and contour it in, before trimming it in black.

Best laid plans with the fuel tap…  it was going to go in the plate that fills the hole where the fuel pump fits, but there is not enough clearance so I resorted to remote mounting it.  its actually better as I can get to turn it on and off easier.  the two inlets are so I can come off two pipes in the tank to give me a reserve facility.the tap is off a Suzuki Bandit 1000.

on projects in the past I have always soldered the connections, but this time I have gone for crimped joints,  they look neater, and also as my mate always says you never see a soldered joint on aircraft wiring!

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2018, 11:47:58 AM »

Helps to have a bazinga crimper.....

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

buzzer

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 05:30:29 AM »

been a little while as I am having to take a  break to do some house DIY…  but I managed to sneak in the garage and make a cover for the front of the tank.  It took a while to plannish it out of some 2 mm alloy as its a complex compound curve, but i got there.

I was going to use keyless ignition as I have used on the last few builds, they are cheap and work well… however the brief on this build was as simple as I can make it, and it does not come more simple than a key operated switch!  when I put it in the cover it didn’t look right, so I made a tool to emboss around the switch, which worked quite well…

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: