Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 18, 2024, 06:33:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: monsta rebuild  (Read 107475 times)
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2020, 05:08:24 PM »

Cruel indeed, tempting a Victorian in stage 4 lock down laughingdp

Nice work though. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:22:15 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #241 on: September 17, 2020, 08:52:14 AM »

Perhaps some of the 4-pad calipers might be an improvement, but at the weight I'm guessing for your bike, not likely to amount to much better.

Saw the round versions of those Motogadget mirrors, quite amazing.

Matte clear on the wheels may be a bit harder to clean but it'll hide brake dust better, and it'll better match the other carbon.

Honestly, aesthetic decisions at this altitude are way above my pay grade.  Tongue

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2020, 10:44:10 AM »

Matt black and black brake dust are a close match Tongue 

Fantastic bike!
monsta

Perth, Australia.

« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2020, 06:57:46 PM »

Perhaps some of the 4-pad calipers might be an improvement, but at the weight I'm guessing for your bike, not likely to amount to much better.

Saw the round versions of those Motogadget mirrors, quite amazing.

Matte clear on the wheels may be a bit harder to clean but it'll hide brake dust better, and it'll better match the other carbon.

Honestly, aesthetic decisions at this altitude are way above my pay grade.  Tongue
I've never heard of 4 pad calipers.. So.. they're the same but with 4  individual pads for each caliper?
But yeah.. probably not needed.
I went for these mirrors because they can be adjusted sideways a bit. I wanted them tweaked in a fairies fart... others don't do that. They do look good though. There's a youtube vid on how they're made.
Brake dust on matte looks the same!!  I'm learning from you blokes all the time!  chug

There's a few more fluffy things done, carbon headlight bucket, painted bezel, mesh grill, made the tail section in carbon. Made a carbon shift link... blah blah blah.

Then... Like I said ages ago, I want to tidy the wiring. I have a mofset reg to go in. I also have a TPS and hall effect ignition pickups from fastbikegear and a M unit blue to go in.
OH yeah... I'll probably lose the rear view cam and re-arrange the dash again..

BUT the big one is the heads!!  now we wait for DYNO 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 06:59:42 PM by monsta » Logged

93 M900 - 07 ST3 - 00 748s trackbike - 78 900SS - 13 848 EVO Corse SE
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2020, 08:35:40 PM »

Your ‘93 was always one of my favorite builds.

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
monsta

Perth, Australia.

« Reply #245 on: October 16, 2020, 09:30:32 PM »

Dyno done!!
And.. I'm disappointed!   I'd been telling everyone that it felt way stronger, and I was hoping for 100hp! I guess my arse dyno isn't that accurate!

How wrong I was!  Pretty much the same 90hp that I had and a drop in torque!
The torque, I would have expected a drop or be the same, because the 210 cam's are the 'torque' cams that veetwo make, and I've used the IE 8j cams this time around.
But I really cant understand the power. I expected them head's to do their magic.

I guess the next step is to put the old exhaust back on and see how that feels....  Cry   Shots

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2020, 12:14:01 AM »

What kind of dyno and software? I use a place with a Dynojet 250i and although the dyno is the same, they have upgraded software with a 10% difference as in 10% lower readings. They own the dyno but lease the licence and software rights which may be periodically upgraded by the mfr. The previous Winpep7 software read 10% higher and earlier versions higher still. The later software is more akin to the Factory Pro dyno readings. It makes longer term comparisons difficult. I have to factor that in with older Vs newer data. So same dyno, same operator, but later software. Something worth checking. There's another dyno up the road with the same dyno but much earlier software which will greatly increase my horsepower Grin. I think the owner kept the old software in order to preserve the relevance of historical data.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
greenmonster

« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2020, 07:13:06 AM »

.I guess the next step is to put the old exhaust back on and see how that feels
Absolutely! No matter how cool it looks, your exhaust robs power.
Only one similar to yours I`ve seen makin serious power is RoadRacing with empty cans.

http://www.philaphoto.com/imageLibrary/displayimage.php?album=1224&pos=5
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 07:16:22 AM by greenmonster » Logged

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2020, 10:00:11 AM »

I'd have to agree. Exhausts like that can undo a lot of good work upstream. I wonder if it worth contacting Staintune for a set of their big bore headers. You can request a build from their old jigs. I think they were like the stock ones but 45mm with a fancy crossover. There must be some pipes around for maximum effort motors, maybe Spark or Sil Moto.

Other things to consider are manifold work, a custom air box, etc
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 10:45:43 AM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
greenmonster

« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2020, 04:14:10 AM »

And some ponies can be found here:
http://www.emeraldm3d.com/articles/cat/projects/post/emr-adj-length-intake/  Evil

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
monsta

Perth, Australia.

« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2020, 07:19:58 PM »

Koko,  yeah, I asked him about the dyno, could it need re-calibrating?, has anything changed?
He just gave me that smile that said 'dont be a dickhead Geoff'  Smiley
He's been around for a while...https://www.protwin.com.au/dyno-tuning
So, Staintune are still in businesses... I'd love to get a set of spaghetti headers...

GM, Yeah I kinda knew that, but I 'might' be a bit biased though because I made it.  Grin  I know its better than the QD one because I had one of those.
And I had a RR one as well, but the ground clearance is crap...
Interesting link, I'll have a good read later.

On another note. The Italian bike show was on again yesterday, and the dirty ol' monsta did it again.
'Best custom' and runner up 'best 85-99'   Dolph Cool 

trophy by Geoff Rossi, on Flickr

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2020, 10:22:38 PM »

Nice haul!  Cool

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2020, 06:39:41 AM »

Koko,  yeah, I asked him about the dyno, could it need re-calibrating?, has anything changed?
He just gave me that smile that said 'dont be a dickhead Geoff'  Smiley
He's been around for a while...https://www.protwin.com.au/dyno-tuning
So, Staintune are still in businesses... I'd love to get a set of spaghetti headers...

GM, Yeah I kinda knew that, but I 'might' be a bit biased though because I made it.  Grin  I know its better than the QD one because I had one of those.
And I had a RR one as well, but the ground clearance is crap...
Interesting link, I'll have a good read later.

On another note. The Italian bike show was on again yesterday, and the dirty ol' monsta did it again.
'Best custom' and runner up 'best 85-99'   Dolph Cool 

trophy by Geoff Rossi, on Flickr

Well done again.

My dyno bloke had complaints about "horsepower loss", and lower readings than other dynos as his is stingy now after a software update. The before and after are what matters.

The big bore Staintunes that mimick the stock pipes might be as good or better than any spaghetti system, since the stock pipes do a surprisingly great job.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: