Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 08:13:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with rear motor bolt removal for constands center stand  (Read 639 times)
LARWS2R1000

« on: October 21, 2018, 05:41:12 PM »

Hi All - I bought one of those Constands center lifts in my attempt to learn more about the bike and do some basic service. It requires that I remove the rear engine bolt from my S2R 1000 in order to install an adapter. I tried to remove the bolt, and saw that I needed to remove the nut on the other side, which I did. However, I now can't seem to get the bolt out. It rotates with the socket with some remaining resistance but doesn't move out.  Do I have to use a dowel of some sort or other means of pushing the bolt through? The bolt still has some resistance (i.e., rather than spinning freely), which makes me think that I could be doing something exceptionally stupid and that this is load bearing even with the other motor bolts in place. Any advice would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:50:41 PM by LARWS2R1000 » Logged
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 09:09:37 PM »

The engine needs to be supported.  You will probably need to tap it out with a soft drift.
LARWS2R1000

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 09:46:45 PM »

Will do, thanks! I suppose I'll suppose I'll pick up some sort of small floor jack and use a brass punch. If that's a terrible idea, please let me know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: