Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 04:07:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, I'm new here  (Read 1048 times)
Monsterbuyer

« on: October 04, 2018, 02:39:33 PM »

Hi everyone, thanks for accepting me! Over the years, I've learned that no matter what I'm riding, the very best place for help, information, camaraderie, and related riding "stuff", you can't beat the people that you'll meet on the forum. So it is with great pride that I was accepted to the DMF.
Although I don't own a Monster yet, I'm working toward it. I am getting older and decided that the long distance rides are no longer for me, plus my cruiser is heavier that what I want to deal with any longer.
So after some research and emotions (after all, who buys a bike because it's practical. They're all emotional purchases!), I've decide that I NEED a Monster. Still haven't decided on the size yet, but I think that I'm leaning toward a 2 valve unit. I don't need the power, speed and expense that comes with the 4 valve jobs, although I would love to have an 821 or S4RS  Grin
I'm 65 and got my license and first bike (a new Kawasaki 125) when I was 17. Have had an "M" endorsement ever since, but with moving to a congested area (Long Island, NY) and starting a family, I sold our bikes and didn't ride for almost 35 years.
After my girls were grown, my wife surprised me for Christmas a few years ago and gave me $ to buy a used bike. What a woman!
I bought a few and sold them quickly. Now I'm riding a Moto Guzzi California EV11. It is light for a cruiser as it is under 600 lbs. but since I'm only "riding around town" there is no reason to keep something that heavy, which brings me to wanting a lighter bike and have decided (I think), on a Monster. Well that kinda does if for now, unless anyone here knows of someone looking for a MG California  applause.
Looking forward to lurking behind the scenes, learning a lot and maybe one day even knowing enough to contribute something.
cheers
Jack
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 02:57:40 PM by Monsterbuyer » Logged
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 02:54:14 PM »

Welcome  waytogo

You'll have a great time on a Monster and on here.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 10:28:03 AM »

Welcome  chug

2015 Scrambler 800
GK

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 04:00:33 AM »

Welcome Mate!

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: