Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:55:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you Ducati Monster Forum!  (Read 2492 times)
chipripper
El Borracho mas grandisimo

« on: September 22, 2018, 09:21:43 AM »

After a year in pieces, my bike is finally back together, and is now sporting pod filters, a lipo battery, a cleaned up harness, risoma mirrors, a flashed chip, and oodles of boring maintenance items. She fired up on the first try, and runs amazing. Every step of the way you all were here to answer my questions and give pointers. I couldn't have done it without you, so thanks and happy Saturday. chug

2008 S2R1000 black and white, mostly stock ;-)
Marving header, Velocity stacks, Pod filters, Flashed ECU to DP map, Polished valve covers and cam covers, SSR reverse shifter and inspection cover, Aelle adjustable pegs, Windscreen and cowl removal, Many plastic bits removed, Cut beer tray
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 09:47:07 AM »

..................She fired up on the first try, and runs amazing....

THAT is great  Cool I've had that feeling a couple of times and wouldn't have been within a tenth of close to even trying these jobs without the DMF education  bow down

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 09:57:57 AM »

waytogo  Dolph
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 11:24:52 AM »

waytogo Smiley

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
S21FOLGORE

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »

waytogo

After a year in pieces, my bike is finally back together, and ...

Been there, done that. And, have seen so many people just giving up the project. (Lost interest, life gets in the way, etc, etc).
chipripper
El Borracho mas grandisimo

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 08:01:31 AM »

Yeah, you know life is getting in the way when it takes over a year to do a few weeks worth of work. But that's just how it goes. I keep trying to convince myself and my SO how much time and money would be saved if I had a second bike to use while the first is down for mods/maintenance.

2008 S2R1000 black and white, mostly stock ;-)
Marving header, Velocity stacks, Pod filters, Flashed ECU to DP map, Polished valve covers and cam covers, SSR reverse shifter and inspection cover, Aelle adjustable pegs, Windscreen and cowl removal, Many plastic bits removed, Cut beer tray
GeorgeA

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 02:41:10 AM »

Let me know how that goes. I tried to suggest to Mrs A that if I had a project 748 rebuild then my lovely Monster wouldn’t be in bits so much. Fortunately she’s on four night shifts now,at least the dog is still talking to me

2008 S4Rt
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 10:48:14 AM »

After a year in pieces, my bike is finally back together, and is now sporting pod filters, a lipo battery, a cleaned up harness, risoma mirrors, a flashed chip, and oodles of boring maintenance items. She fired up on the first try, and runs amazing. Every step of the way you all were here to answer my questions and give pointers. I couldn't have done it without you, so thanks and happy Saturday. chug

What, no triumphant pics?

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Jaman

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 12:26:15 PM »

What, no triumphant pics?

+1!  Pics, or it didn't happen! Wink

chug
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 03:57:51 PM »

+1!  Pics, or it didn't happen! Wink
 chug

popcorn

+1 again; or it didn't happen..lol  Grin

...fyi ... took me 8 yrs; bent, broaken cases replaced in pieces in the garage for 8 yrs (wife new enough not to go in there but thieves despite going through and mixing up parts didn't steal any bike parts but got 1k worth of tools ...); ... with help here, and other places; with lots of research it was on the road in 2018 beautiful piece of machinery to ride; mechanically better than new now. s2r 1K dual spark; café-ed racerized; like all my monsters.

so congrats! I know how it goes ...ride on waytogo

chug

Dolph

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 04:01:03 PM by DuciD03 » Logged

.... all the world is yours.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: