Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 04:49:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new ethanol-safe tanks, $699!!!  (Read 6767 times)
booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2018, 10:37:17 AM »

this slowed down MUCH quicker than i had anticipated. for the thousands of us plagued by this stupid ethanol/Acerbis problem, i thought there would be 50 people lined up with cash in hand. i realize not everyone has the means to throw cash around like Uncle Luke, but for $699 i feel like this is a no brainer.

that being said, i CAN and WILL still spearhead this operation if the community responds positively. i will still even supply a tank for molding purposes and buy two of them! that being said, i AM working with a sheetmetal fabricator to modify two OEM steel tanks to accept an S4RS fuel pump/flange. whichever way works out, i will simply keep one or two and sell the other 4-6 off(i currently have three S4RS tanks and three M900ie tanks)   

you are obsessed with these tanks

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
cmross13

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2018, 04:48:46 PM »

you are obsessed with these tanks

not really obsessed, just tired of dealing with the swelling/swapping tanks on my S4RS. the reason i have three RS tanks is because my bike came with 1, i bought another to swap out annually, and a third kinda fell in my lap for $50 so i couldnt say "no"

as for the three M900 tanks, the winter project bike i bought came with two dented units and i bought a brand new OEM tank for it. i'll repair the old ones and paint them in OEM colors to resell and recoup some of my project expenses(will be a LOT of M900 parts for sale once im done. have a lot of parts piling up).

ive actually been considering selling all three of my RS tanks along with the two M900 units to get me half way to an RS Beater tank...

2007 S4RS, 2000 M900ie
hbliam
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2018, 06:54:13 PM »

hbliam, great to see you in here! (you might be a regular here now, but when I was - a decade ago, I don't think you were)  Grin

Was on the original DML "list", then the DML, then here. I've been here the whole time brother.

Yeah, getting people to pay is a big pain in the ass.

I think this tank will be a harder sell as it pretty much "must" be painted as it's part of the overall design. The hyper tank is not and a black plastic tank is fine on a hyper.

The belt theft sucked big time. I hope you went after them legally.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 06:55:53 PM by hbliam » Logged
krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2018, 12:57:42 PM »

Was on the original DML "list", then the DML, then here. I've been here the whole time brother. I think this tank will be a harder sell as it pretty much "must" be painted as it's part of the overall design. The belt theft sucked big time. I hope you went after them legally.

Yes, painting is very important, that is assured. I tried coating a tank and let it sit up for a couple months to measure weight loss via evaporation. The coated tank lost half the weight that the uncoated tank lost. Next will be to set up better controls for the test. Progression is from the more informal to the less informal with the hope of eventually paying for formal emissions testing. The "half less loss" is a step in the positive direction; however, I believe half is not enough for emissions but might be enough sealing for paint to stick.

Who's got money for harassment lawsuits? Definitely not me. They cheated us fair and square.  boo

Thanks,
Chris

Krista Kelley ... autist formerly known as chris
official nerd for ca-cycleworks.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: