Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:09:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former CCS racer, track junkie, and new Ducati rider  (Read 1030 times)
Zaph

« on: September 08, 2018, 06:10:01 PM »

Picked up a 2012 Monster 696 ABS.

I'm in Northeast Wisconsin.  Road America is my backyard and I've run there many times as a racer in CCS and as a track day junkie.

I've owned many racebikes and streetbikes.  On the track I was into Triumph middleweight 675's and my last year of racing was a nicely built Ninja 300 ultralight bike.  If anyone wants some pics and action shots I can post some up.  But after a lot of years at the track I've gotten pretty busted up.  I'm in my 50's now.

Owned many bikes, maybe 20+, but never a Ducati.

Things I'm looking for:

I'm looking for swimgarm spools that don't go through the hub and allow wheel changes and chain adjustments.  I don't think there are any.  I hate unstable pad style "L" rear stands.  And no, swingarm spools aren't just for racers.  Right now I'm just using a half inch rod through the axle.

I'm looking for anyone who knows how to cycle the ABS solenoids on this bike.  My bike came with mushy air filled brakes, to do the bleeding job correctly I will need to get some flow through the ABS circuit.  I've done it on other bikes.

I'm looking for a way to reset the wrench on the display without a trip to the dealer.  I hate my local Ducati dealer.  They are overpriced, snobbish and arrogant.  I've done all of my own work for 30 years, and I mean ALL right down to engine rebuilding and I have no need to deal with dealers.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 08:15:28 AM by Zaph » Logged
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 02:28:33 PM »

Welcome! chug.
You're in good company here as many do their own work  (and a few retired racers too). waytogo
There are a few threads via the search function re ABS bleeding. I heard of one guy fitting a banjo to the ABS junction with a bleed nipple. Amazing it wasn't standard.

You can post the ABS issue in the tech section to get some action there.
Cheers.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: