Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 12:56:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Tokyo  (Read 1319 times)
Tokyo_Zack

« on: August 27, 2018, 10:17:27 PM »

Hello everyone. Im Zack and I live in west Tokyo. I recently picked up a broken 2010 Ducati Monster 1100 ABS. Currently the clutch will not disengage, I belive its just rusted up and seized. I've ordered a new clutch disc pack so we'll see how that goes. I rode as a teenage and up until i moved to Japan the first time in 2010. Now its 2018 and i've moved back to and I'll be riding again soon.

The day it was delivered. With some low quality carbon body work and lots of stickers. Luckily the original white body work was included.

After a lot of elbow grease, body work swap, and sticker removal. She cleans up nice. The bike was sat outside for nearly a year so some parts like the black plastics wouldnt come back to life but it looks 100% better IMHO.

Removed the rusty clutch discs...3 of the primary plates were stuck together. I could pry them apart but decided to just order new ones.

GK

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 01:11:53 AM »

Welcome!

Looks good!

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 05:06:11 AM »

waytogo welcome chug

2015 Scrambler 800
Tokyo_Zack

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 03:39:41 AM »

New clutch is in and the problem is solved!

Only issue now is when trying to cruise at a steady speed with only hair of throttle, the bike surges and hesitates just enough for it to be a nuisance. Im hoping its that I stuck the OEM pipes back on for inspection. Hopefully once the Termi pipes are back on it will run smooth again.
[/url]
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 08:59:27 AM »

New clutch is in and the problem is solved!

Only issue now is when trying to cruise at a steady speed with only hair of throttle, the bike surges and hesitates just enough for it to be a nuisance. Im hoping its that I stuck the OEM pipes back on for inspection. Hopefully once the Termi pipes are back on it will run smooth again.

Interesting; probably been tuned for termies; once back on should smooth things out; post both clutch and exast issues in Tech with pics you'll get replies back and good info for others to see; nice restoration on that 1100; welcome

cheers D  Dolph

.... all the world is yours.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: