Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:42:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich 🇦🇹 (verwöhnt)  (Read 4631 times)
GK

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 07:00:31 PM »

First time I ever rooted for a Honda.

George sucks...I hate him.

We know. Your loathing of Jorge is well known and voiced regularly. Lol!

It must burn you up for him to be going so well.

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 09:56:46 PM »

First time I ever rooted for a Honda.

George sucks...I hate him.

Don't worry, he's got two years to serve on the Honda.
Cal is currently in 8th, everyone else on a Honda is basically toast.
That front on the Honda will fold like a cheap matchbook three times and Jorge will lose the handle.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
GK

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2018, 10:39:37 PM »

He’s certainly risen to overcome a terrible last season challenge and shown what he can do when he’s on top of things.

I hope he does the same on the Honda.

He’s not afraid to have a red hot go on a different bike and I really respect that.

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
MonsterHPD

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 01:01:47 AM »

He’s not afraid to have a red hot go on a different bike and I really respect that.

Agree!

Monster 900-2002 (sold, alive and well in the UK), 749R / 1100 HYM combo for track days, wifes / my Monster Dark 800-2003 (not entirely "Dark" anymore and a personal favourite) , 50% of 900SSie -2000 track bike for rainy days-now with tuned ST2 motor and Microtec ECU. Also parked due to having been T-boned on track.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2018, 02:29:38 AM »

Don't worry, he's got two years to serve on the Honda.
Cal is currently in 8th, everyone else on a Honda is basically toast.
That front on the Honda will fold like a cheap matchbook three times and Jorge will lose the handle.
I agree.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 03:00:39 AM »

I feel for Dovi. JLo was very impressive with clever tactics and tyre mgt. While some may take a victory or two against him, a mature Marky is almost impossible to beat for the championship.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2018, 03:10:46 AM »

The old dog did well to work his way through the field despite struggling in qualifying. Yamaha have plenty of work to do.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2018, 05:25:51 AM »

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/903421/1/dovizioso-very-disappointed-couldn-t-pass-lorenzo

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2018, 06:20:38 AM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2018, 10:24:40 AM »

Happy for Ducati, but I fall in the same category as DP.

The problem is that Lorenzo is just extremely difficult to pass, especially when he's motivated by hatred of his teammate. I wouldn't say that he was blocking to help MM necessarily, but he was in fact slowing down to conserve the tire. Dovi could have done with more patience and just sat back there. 20/20 hindsight I guess.

At this point I just want Ducati to win the constructers' championship. It's evident, I can't believe I'm finally saying this, that they have the best bike out there. If it wasn't for Rossi and MM's pure genius, neither Honda nor Yamaha would be even remotely close. Gigi is an Italian God!

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2018, 01:31:36 PM »

Happy for Ducati, but I fall in the same category as DP.

The problem is that Lorenzo is just extremely difficult to pass, especially when he's motivated by hatred of his teammate. I wouldn't say that he was blocking to help MM necessarily, but he was in fact slowing down to conserve the tire. Dovi could have done with more patience and just sat back there. 20/20 hindsight I guess.

At this point I just want Ducati to win the constructers' championship. It's evident, I can't believe I'm finally saying this, that they have the best bike out there. If it wasn't for Rossi and MM's pure genius, neither Honda nor Yamaha would be even remotely close. Gigi is an Italian God!
I wouldn't say he was blocking to help Marc...it's all about George when it comes to George.

I would say he was blocking to keep Dovi behind, knowing he'd use up his tire trying to get by, so he would only have Marc to deal with if his own race strategy worked.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2018, 04:59:45 PM »

Yes, clever strategy of keeping up with Marc at the slowest pace and blocking the overtake with grip in reserve for the last five laps fight to the flag. That is a significant adjustment in style that JLo admitted he was forced to make in order to avoid leading for most if the race only to finish 7th +. It is working and he has used the Ducatis strengths to advantage. He owes Dovi and the factory nothing this year but could have helped Dovi late last year, that's for sure.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2018, 05:03:28 PM »

It's not the first time Ducati failed to respond to rider input until it was too late. I'm thinking of Nicky, Bayliss, Melandri, Stoner and VR. With VR, they finally changed everything but by then the riders confidence is destroyed. Just my speculative opinion Cool

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 04:43:07 AM »

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2018, 06:38:35 AM »

It's not the first time Ducati failed to respond to rider input until it was too late. I'm thinking of Nicky, Bayliss, Melandri, Stoner and VR. With VR, they finally changed everything but by then the riders confidence is destroyed. Just my speculative opinion Cool

This is bullshit. The Ducati is arguably the best bike on the grid right now. I would even go as far as saying that it's been the best bike the past 2 years. Lorenzo went in there with the same mentality as Rossi, I will change them. But no manufacturer can just throw away years of development for 1 rider. Last year he wasted the whole season. This year he finally put some effort at changing his tactics and now we're seeing any sort of results. Next year he will suck balls on the Honda and likely do so again in 2020 since the bike development is solely focused on MM.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: