Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 11:54:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M900 Carbie X-Pipe Mod  (Read 3685 times)
dlearl476

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2018, 12:44:07 PM »

I got a chance to discuss this a bit more with my buddy/mechanic who's done it in a number of bikes. He said the biggest difference between welding a flat piece on each side vs four sections of pipe is felt in the wallet.

Yes, low end grunt is preferable, but at the speed I ride, it doesn't really matter anymore.

I used to have a 2-1 Galasetti pipe that I bought from Raux years ago. I never dyno-ed the OEM exhaust as I've never had it on my bike (had the RR exhaust on it when I bought it) But after I put the FCRs on, I dyno-ed the Galasetti vs the RR and the Galasetti had about 5 more hp on top and the RR about 5 more ft lbs of torque between 3500-5000 where I do 90% of my riding.

But it's too make the beast with two backsing loud. And not just loud, shitty loud. If it was 110db of Termigoni goodness, I'd keep it, but it sounds like a make the beast with two backsing '92 Datsun with a broken muffler.

I bought a pair of Conti copies off the list last year and I want to use them, and my buddy suggested as long as I'm using a stock header/XPipe I aught to mod them. If I can find a place I trust to do the flat piece mid to them, I'll do it. If not, I'll just use the OEM pipe as is. Like I've said, won't make a heck of a lot of difference on my 50 mile canyon runs.

I tell you though, I'm sure going to miss the clean look of the RoadRacing pipe.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 12:51:29 PM by dlearl476 » Logged
dlearl476

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2018, 12:46:25 PM »

The stock pipes are surprisingly good. There is a link to a spaghetti Vs oem system and the bang for bung ain't worth it. The spaghetti system gains a couple of hp at the very peak but that's it. Throttle response may improve but I don't have FHE on that. I'll look for a link from Doug Lofgren. Maybe a racy system might help with other big mods. Stain tune once made a system with that type of enhanced crossover and larger diameter pipes. Maybe 45mm iirc. I lost the catalogue.

Oh, I forgot to mention, spaghetti pipes are as expensive as hell, and mostly good on the top end. Not really appealing to me, although they look cool.
dlearl476

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2018, 12:50:49 PM »

Thanks for all your input, guys.

If I can squeeze my buddy for some cheap dyno time I'll do a comparison between the RR and the Conti reps to add to the data base.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2018, 01:46:08 PM »

Great to see the charts. Cheers waytogo

2015 Scrambler 800
greenmonster

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2018, 01:29:31 PM »

the stamped restriction and weld in flat metal with basically the same effect as that pictured."

I did that. Maybe a little more grunt at lower revs but not worth the trouble.
Rejetting not needed.   

Bad memory, l had the crossover flat cut out, had a 30x30mm
square piece in middle, the rest was flat.

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: