Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:41:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any shops or mechanics near Montgomery, AL?  (Read 44985 times)
DownwtheQuickness

« on: July 20, 2018, 02:37:03 AM »

Hey all, I'm in Montgomery for a couple months for Air Force business, and brought my 2000 750 with me to spice up the commute, and to allow for an extra vehicle for my wife to drive. Shortly after getting here, the monster started behaving strangely, acting like it may be having fuel delivery problems. I am without a garage, tools, or time to fix it myself and am hoping someone can recommend an honest, quality shop nearby.

2000 Monster 750
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 03:15:35 AM »

How'd you make out?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

DownwtheQuickness

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 02:36:31 PM »

I'm completely dumbfounded.

I did a check of the vacuum lines and fuel hoses on Saturday, and found the main fuel line looked like it was making a sharp angle into the fuel pump. I adjusted the tension on the fuel hose to lessen that angle and tried it out. The bike started immediately with my normal cold start (~69% choke), and after about 30" of warm up @2000RPM, I took the choke off and let it idle. It idled normally. Throttle response was great while it was sitting still in neutral, so I hopped on and took it for a hard 2-mile ride around the block, during which the bike rode like a dream. No noticeable power loss, good throttle response, and smooth operation at all RPM. Satisfied that I had solved the problem, I happily shut it off, expecting to commute to work on Monday morning.

This morning, the bike would turn over, run for about 2 seconds and then shut off. I can't think of anything that could have changed between Saturday and today (Monday). I'm thinking of starting a thread on Tech with a video of me trying to start it again this evening.

2000 Monster 750
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: