Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 09:30:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monster s4 fuel Line Routing  (Read 1267 times)
BigC_100

« on: May 20, 2018, 05:36:07 PM »

I recently started working on a Monster s4 that had the fuel tank and air box removed because it stopped running, (another story). I want to start diagnosing what the problem is but I have to hook the tank back up to do my own testing. The whole return fuel situation on it is very confusing as there are four holes on the tank and I'm used to only a simple one fuel line. I have what feels like many rubber hoses I have no idea where they go running throughout the bike. One goes to the fuel regulator and another looks like it goes directly to a fuel injector and some are just loose in the frame but looked like they go somewhere so if anyone has a diagram or any close up pics to show me what hooks up to what that would be very appreciated!
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 02:27:11 AM »

A pic of the tank bottom might help.

The two smaller lines can go to either of the small hose nipples if the vapor canister has been removed.

The line coming from the pressure regulator is the return. Many bikes had a plastic band with the letter R. The tank bottom should be marked.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

BigC_100

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 05:53:23 PM »

Thanks, that solves a couple of the lines. Unfortunately I can’t get out to work on it for a couple days but I’ll make sure to take some pics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: