Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:20:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap chinese / ebay plastics for 1100  (Read 1978 times)
1KDS

« on: May 11, 2018, 05:40:56 AM »

Been a while, getting the Ducati itch and thinking about getting an 1100 EVO.  I searched but didn't come up with anything, has anyone used the cheap fairing kits from ebay and how did they fit/look?  I'd love to paint a set of these and pull the stock ones off and have the option to switch easily.  These are the ones I'm looking at specifically:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unpainted-Fairing-Kit-For-DUCATI-696-796-1100-S-1100-EVO-ABS-Injection-Bodywork/152789509975?fits=Model%3AMonster+1100+EVO&hash=item2392f6e757:g:x7wAAOSw~vpaDSxT

Every bike I've ever owned.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 07:11:19 AM »

Have used those(chinese made) had to modify quite a bit for a "decent" fit . . . Unless you have a special edition that are NO LONGER AVAILABLE and want to paint them the same... then give it a shot . . .just be patient with delivery and then fit

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
danaid

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 07:56:15 PM »

Pricy for cheap panels.  Huh?

I’ve had my fill of knock off parts so no more for me. Keep a lookout on eBay and factory Ducati panels show up often. For another $150 ish you can buy a set of the factory panels that dealers are still sitting on. I have a complete set from a dealer and another set from eBay that I may wrap or custom paint ..

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
xcaptainxbloodx

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 09:34:26 AM »

I would use this from Armor Bodies: https://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=71-0660TC

its unpainted fiberglass but its all one piece.  spend some time with prep work and you can diffuse the lines from the center stripe and gas tank surround  and have something nicer than stock.

for paint, ive had tremendous luck with those paint match spray paints you find in generic auto supply stores.  I imagine actually trying to match a paint or blend damage with them is impossible but if you do the right prep work and then use them for the whole bike and finish it with the spray paint clear coat that needs to be activated you can achieve a really nice paint job for a couple hundred bucks.
Lieutenant Dan

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 08:15:41 AM »

Pricy for cheap panels.  Huh?
 For another $150 ish you can buy a set of the factory panels that dealers are still sitting on.

I’m interested in some, too. The ones in that link on ebay were $268. Have you really located a dealer selling them for ~$420? So far all I’ve found on the internet is AMS Ducati Dallas’ outrageous price of over $650 for Corse. https://amsducati.com/ducati-monster-art

'07 695
geoffduc

18 till i die

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 07:14:55 PM »

On the way to WDW this year a couple of guys from the  UKMOC stopped off at the factory shop and purchased a full Imola and corse kit for 275 euros each and said that there were still other kits to be had.
How you'd go about purchasing a kit I'm not sure of but it just go's to show that there are some of those really nice kits still out there, good luck with trying to secure a set...  bang head

Geoff... coffee

2015 scrambler FT
2009 monster 1100s
Curmudgeon

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 07:04:02 AM »

I’m interested in some, too. The ones in that link on ebay were $268. Have you really located a dealer selling them for ~$420? So far all I’ve found on the internet is AMS Ducati Dallas’ outrageous price of over $650 for Corse. https://amsducati.com/ducati-monster-art

Why outrageous if true OEM? The kits were ~ $525 - $750 MSRP when the bikes were on the floor. Bear in mind these kits are OEM quality and include both tank skins, rear cowl, front cowl WITH windshield, and front fender. I'd tend to doubt whether Dallas could still obtain all versions from Italy via DHL though.

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: