Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 04:37:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zero FX  (Read 2297 times)
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« on: May 07, 2018, 07:38:13 AM »

So last week a buddy bought one of these: http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-fx/

He brought it over this weekend and I got to take it for a spin. What a riot, the thing flies. More torque than a 1200 Sportster, and it weighs less than me. Weird not having any noise other than tires, wind, and a smidge of motor whirr.

First thing I said when I got off it was that he needs a set of supermoto wheels/rubber to swap on. And then he told me they make the FXS model, which is exactly that.

Want.

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
chipripper
El Borracho mas grandisimo

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:47:55 AM »

I really want an Ebike for commuting to work. I test drove one of the zeros a while back, and I can confirm the acceleration is the goods. Sadly, I'm going to be a homeowner soon, so I will be poor AF for the foreseeable future.

2008 S2R1000 black and white, mostly stock ;-)
Marving header, Velocity stacks, Pod filters, Flashed ECU to DP map, Polished valve covers and cam covers, SSR reverse shifter and inspection cover, Aelle adjustable pegs, Windscreen and cowl removal, Many plastic bits removed, Cut beer tray
d3vi@nt

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 07:14:55 PM »

Used one for sale (S model) in my neck o'the woods: https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2011-electric-zero-model-bad/6519421307.html

Interesting history. No idea if it's common, but definitely not inspiring in this case.  Huh?

'13 MTS GT
'99 ST2
'07 M695 - Sold
DesmoDiva

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 03:08:12 PM »

My local Duc shop is a Zero dealer.  He has a SR demo that I want to so badly take for a ride.  I sat on it when was down there a couple weeKS ago and I was surprised that I could get more than my tippy toes on the ground.

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
Greg

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 06:39:22 PM »

Sounds like a blast but unfortunately the Supermoto version costs over $11K with tax, and only gets 40 miles of range at highway speeds.

2012 M1100 Evo with Termis
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 04:51:15 AM »

My local Duc shop is a Zero dealer.  He has a SR demo that I want to so badly take for a ride.  I sat on it when was down there a couple weeKS ago and I was surprised that I could get more than my tippy toes on the ground.

Ride it!  Cool

The range is kind of a bummer since it's so fun, but I'm thinking from a commuter/short run perspective. My commute is only 10 miles each way....

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 04:20:30 AM »

I want to know how long the fxs would go at a track day.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 09:54:51 AM »

I want to know how long the fxs would go at a track day.

Well, the specs claim 40 miles at 70 MPH with the better battery pack....10 hours to recharge.

Man, I want one of these....

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 10:21:01 AM »

That's a shit ton of torque for a 250ish pound bike.

That's more than double what my 450sm makes (and I did a 520 big bore kit)

That's the kind of power a newer rider could get hurt with.

Or an experienced rider Evil

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 12:26:05 PM »

Yeah, after I rode my buddy's FX I had to look up specs, because the digital speedo had major trouble keeping up with acceleration.  Evil

I'll bet they have some sort of gradual throttle programming/input at lowish speeds though, because ham-fisted me would have probably looped it otherwise with that torque.

My brain: "Get used to it first? Hell no!"  laughingdp

DesmoDiva

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 05:26:11 AM »

Man, I want one of these....

This is why the rational side doesn't want me to ride it.

Irrational side is screaming Torque, Torque, Torque!  Evil

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 07:11:30 AM »

This is why the rational side doesn't want me to ride it.

Irrational side is screaming Torque, Torque, Torque!  Evil

Right before my buddy left on it he said, "You know where I live when you need another fix."

The bastard is right, the thing IS addictive.  laughingdp And I only rode it once.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: