Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 05:07:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomato Highway  (Read 2179 times)
hankthe8th

2007 S4R(T)

« on: May 07, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »

I've got a question for all of you central valley riders out there. I've just got my bike in December, so I have yet to experience the summertime rides on the glorious highway 99. But with all of those trucks carrying tomatoes, dumping water/tomato juice runoff everywhere, is it slippery or is it sticky when it dries? Sometimes you can see the coating of juice on 2 out of 3 lanes. So the question is: Slippery more than sticky? or Sticky more than slippery?

Keep it clean people.
CromoMann

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 05:52:17 PM »

My guess is that it would be more slippery when wet and as it dried up a bit, it may become more tacky... however, this is just a theory and I've never tried to test it.  I just try to avoid the Campbell's Convoys all together.  Head to the hills instead and enjoy yourself.
-m
BoogieDuc

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 03:16:59 PM »

No personal experence with tomato trucks other than seeing them on the road, but once when traveling home to Santa Cruz on G12 I was first on the scene of an overturned produce truck which was full of squash.  Shocked  Yup it was slippery

Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't
Pete Seeger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: