Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 07:44:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whiskey?  (Read 12179 times)
DW

« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2018, 05:02:30 AM »

I haven’t had a Monster in several years, but I still lurk here and live in Bourbon country. Approximately 30 minutes to Woodford Reserve, Four Roses, Wild Turkey, Buffalo Trace, etc etc.  we are pretty spoiled.  That being said, here are some not horribly priced bourbons you need on your list. 

Four roses single barrel: very spicy, one of my favorites. Standard is about $30 a bottle, barrel strength is about $60 but oh so much better.
EH Taylor: this stuff goes down nice and easy.  Fantastic
Yellowstone: just tried this and was very surprised.  Lots of cinnamon notes. .  I’d buy it again
Weller: anything above green label is good good good.  But of course it’s hard to find.  Knocked out a bottle of weller antique last week.  If you can find the 12 year old, buy it. But it won’t be cheap.

And of course Blantons is always amazing.  Problem is that’s $60-80 that won’t last long if you enjoy it. 

There are many others, our liquor stores are all about half bourbon.  If you are in the area some time, do yourself a favor and tour Buffalo Trace and Woodford.  Two good tours 30 minutes apart that show you the smaller scale and large old school industrial scale of distilleries. Better yet, plan a day or two and hit several others as well.
Blackout

« Reply #91 on: December 25, 2018, 10:10:32 AM »

Even though I live in a neighboring state it’s rare to obtain a bottle of Buffalo Trace. ABC Stores are terrible for inventory.  Never seen Weller in any store here. A buddy of mine does a lot of traveling around so he is always stocked up.

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2019, 04:37:20 PM »

No Officer, that is just my mouthwash that you smell.

Shots

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2019, 02:12:51 PM »

Was given this today...
 Shots

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2019, 02:17:13 PM »

I'm ready for some Whiskey..... This hump day feels like the end of a long week.

Shots

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2019, 03:04:38 PM »

I'm ready for some Whiskey..... This hump day feels like the end of a long week.

Shots

Part of the foundation of Whiskey Wednesday. Shots

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: