Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:33:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducati Monster 2002 S4 Front Brake Leaking  (Read 1203 times)
Commachio

« on: December 15, 2017, 07:47:37 AM »

Hi guys......totally new to this site and forums so hopefully I'm starting a thread in the right place.

I'm also new to Ducati and bike in general even though I passed my test in the military in '89.

So....hears my problem.

I was tuning in a concave driveway and unfortunately dropped the bike  Sad do aks it's embarrassing enough as it is.

Anyway, only damage is that the rear brake lever is slightly bent (I.e. Brake light constantly on) so repair is in hand.

The main issue is that, since the drop, the bike has been in the garage. Today I started up for a quick ride and front brake was not doing it's job - took a couple of pulls before it started working. I've now noticed the brake fluid reservior has dropped. There also appears to be a wet patch in the garage.

Is there a way of determining where the leak may be? Or should I take it to the garage and relinquish my hard earned cash?

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Gazza
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:16:05 AM »

Welcome  Dolph

The rear brake lever/pedal can often be bent back. Front brake leak is bad - don't ride it. Even if you find the leak and fix it yourself, there will be air in the system - a situation you'd have to be skilled to fix.

I'd have it transported to a garage - maybe one that will allow you to watch (and learn). If no parts must be replaced, it shouldn't take (much) more than an hour.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Commachio

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 08:20:26 AM »

Okay....noted and many thanks. Off the the garage it is 😀
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: