Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 10:43:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M695 single front brake  (Read 1600 times)
cencalal

« on: December 13, 2017, 11:00:09 PM »

This turned out well, so I thought i ought to let the world know.  Thanks Speedog for the suggestion.  There was a theoretical trade off here - better steering for reduced braking.  This is a streetbike and I'm not real fast, but I am light - 135 lbs.  The stock 695 brakes with EBC sintered pads were totally adequate for my needs, nearly always braking with one finger. (The suspension on this bike is upgraded with Showa adjustable forks and a 749 shock.)  I'm still braking with one finger, just pulling a little bit harder.  Good feel, just a bit less initial bite.  What surprised me was how much better the bike steers with a single 320mm rotor with aluminum carrier, compared to the two all steel ones.  Quicker steering with a lighter feel

The snowflake rotor is from an Aprilia RSV, the caliper from a Polaris/Victory.  Parts on Ebay are cheaper if they aren't listed for Ducati, and these are found on several makes - rotor $40, caliper $60.

The look on the right side is a little weird, but this is where the lightness happens.

The master cyl and line from an M620 Dark, $90.  It's the same size as the M695 Clutch master.

Shorty levers - no charge.   Wink
danaid

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 05:02:03 PM »

Looks very good and done with a budget. Awesome!

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 05:23:03 PM »

Looks good.  Cool I’ll bet you can source an inexpensive fork bottom sans bracket to really clean it up.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 05:31:38 PM »

Cool  waytogo

(you could update your first 'single disc' thread to show the result there too)

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 08:19:49 PM »

Looks good.  Cool I’ll bet you can source an inexpensive fork bottom sans bracket to really clean it up.

or https://www.ducatiomaha.com/search?q=24711261A
cencalal

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 07:05:42 AM »

I got the hub cover for the right side, but it's a plastic part and didn't improve the look.  The right side bottom piece without the caliper mount would be good - any idea which models had this piece, and how to change it out?  The bottom piece does seem to include the compression damping adjuster, though...

Thanks
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 07:10:22 AM »

I don't believe there is a lower without the caliper mount available for an adjustable front fork. I could be wrong.

All the Ducati models that used the Showa adjustable forks had dual discs.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: