Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 17, 2024, 06:12:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATE - LEGENDARY ALUMINUM TANK REVIEW/EXPERIENCE  (Read 23723 times)
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2018, 04:41:19 PM »

I always hoped Chris would bring out stock looking Monster tanks.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2018, 03:23:12 AM »

I remain hopeful the tanks will one day be GTG. Meanwhile I just got a great deal on a NOS S4RS tank, never had fuel in it. I'll keep it as a spare. Let's not beat Legendary up too bad here folks. It's hard to want to try and work with people when they're attacking you.
I don't see, and won't allow, any attacks.

Questions have been posed, and some have been answered. Some key points have not been addressed.

I'm waiting.

Let's try and keep this to topic.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

uglyducky
something, words, clever . . .

one way to do this is we can all get naked . . .

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2018, 08:49:40 AM »

I remain hopeful the tanks will one day be GTG. Meanwhile I just got a great deal on a NOS S4RS tank, never had fuel in it. I'll keep it as a spare. Let's not beat Legendary up too bad here folks. It's hard to want to try and work with people when they're attacking you.

It's also hard to spend $2k on a tank that the manufacturer themselves have deemed worthy of a fabrication revamp yet have declined to offer these amendments in this case. It's absurd really. Nick (speeddog) spent a lot of time and energy going through and giving feedback on the tank to the manufacturer. As a direct consequence of his sharp eye and engineering acumen, they needed to rethink their fabrication process. When I called them to explain that the first fuel pump didn't fit, they were absolutely incredulous. They only came here to defend themselves after dismissing both him and the feedback (all of which proved to be 100% spot on). All concessions have come under great pressure, not logically or preemptively.

I was told by legendary that the improper fuel lines were GTG, seriously. I explained that a quick google search would indeed dismantle this idea quite quickly and was dumbfounded they even defended their choice of fuel lines. They did later offer to replace the lines only and not address the mismatch of some blind screw holes, some not. They're yet to make good on or offer to make good on the issues in their entirety and have been asked numerous times offline to do so. I don't see why they have earned the benefit of any doubt. I've also learned that numerous buyers of these tanks have struggled with leaks which leads me more likely to a "when" not "if" scenario. So now i'm expected to spend $1500 on a paint job that will likely be ruined on top of knowing there are engineering issues already? why would any sane person do that? Am I frustrated, yes. Does legendary need to be handled with kid gloves at almost 5 months in, no viable product and denying to execute the proper repairs? Not in my book man. That is a LOT of dough for a product that seems to be destined to fail.

so you can see what i'm referencing, my communication to legendary on 6/14/18:

"Cheryl,

This will be my last attempt at communicating with legendary. My last two emails have gone unresponded to. You’ve asked for the case to be dropped with Amex but have offered no definitive resolution of all the issues presented related to your product.

On June 9, 2018 you stated on a public forum:

'Our production plans are to change to cast bottoms which will facilitate Blind threaded attachments. We will also be changing the cap to a twist lock style with a new style filler well which will include blind threads'

Coupled with the incorrect use of non submersible gas lines, these repair items are absolutely necessary.  

I am clearly requesting that exactly these safety & quality control issues that my engineer/mechanic pointed out to you (at his time and expense) be handled on the tank purchased from you. This will be our 3rd attempt to get a proper product from you. This is turn needs to be handled within a 2 week period. If you are unable or unwilling to comply with what you have already acknowledged as necessary product amendments, please clearly state this. I will assume a non-response indicates an intention not to resolve the issue and repair the tank to reasonable safety and combustible fuel engineering standards"

Legendary's response after multiple attempts:

"Jesse,

In response to your request for resolution of your tank problem:

Our offer was and still is to replace the fuel lines with “submersible” lines at our expense, including shipping.

Due to the Pending case we cannot take any action or communicate with you at this time.

That is the reason I asked you to drop the case"

My response:
"So you are not willing to address the other quality control issues that you’ve decided to change in fabrication moving forward?

Specifically:
“Our production plans are to change to cast bottoms which will facilitate Blind threaded attachments. We will also be changing the cap to a twist lock style with a new style filler well which will include blind threads”

Legendary's final response:
"No comment at this time."

so basically, drop the case with amex, we won't promise to do all the work right and you may or may not get the correct product in the end. yeah, no thanks.  

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:28:54 AM by uglyducky » Logged

2008 S4RS - Tricolore #324 (about to get bastardized)
2007 S4RS - pearl/red with some tweaks (sold)
2005 S4R - Bastarda Nera (sold)
2001 M900Sie modded to high holy hell (sold)
2001 996 Biposto - (sold)
dirtypunkysocalreggae . . . MANDORiCO
uglyducky

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »

I always hoped Chris would bring out stock looking Monster tanks.

agreed, i do not like the aesthetics of those tanks

uglyducky

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2018, 09:17:04 PM »

All other metal manufacturered tanks on showroom floors all over the world are designed and built like that. It's the "standard" and we supply an aerospace quality fuel sealant to use on those screw threads as opposed to a composite tank where that's the method you have to use.

David and Cheryl Ashenbrener,
Legendary-Motorcycles.

you provided no such thing with either tank i received.

uglyducky

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2018, 09:27:35 PM »

I’m sorry if I stepped on anybody’s toes here. I was only told “my mechanic” by the customer. He posted this and the pics before our customer had even communicated with us about the issues.

Again, not accurate. Nick posted about his findings on 5/31/18 . . . I wrote you the following on 5/30/18 (you responded 3 days later):

"Well Cheryl,

We just can’t seem to get any traction here. Just got this back from my mechanic:

'Tank examined.

Something on the fuel pump assembly is touching the inside of the tank, not sure what or where.

Screw holes for the fuel pump assembly are not blind, so 6 potential leaks there. 4 screw holes for the cap are not blind, as well.

Vent and overflow lines inside the tank are normal 30R7 rated hose, which will fail when immersed in gasoline 24/7/365. Unfortunately, said lines are permanently installed, no way to replace them with immersion rated hose.

The liability exposure is horrendous, I cannot install this tank.'"

uglyducky

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2018, 05:21:07 PM »

lol, and after all that the price went up 25%?!?!?!? man, that's funny. from $1995.00 to $2,495.00 laughingdp

http://www.legendary-motorcycles.com/newalloytankseats.html
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 05:57:50 PM by uglyducky » Logged

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2018, 06:40:42 PM »

So what's the outcome in the end? Consumer claim and refund?

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
uglyducky

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2018, 06:42:15 PM »

So what's the outcome in the end? Consumer claim and refund?
Nothing so far. Had to resubmit my claim with Amex as I did something wrong in submission via their website. In the interim I reached back out to legendary and proposed that I would be willing to pay for them to just put blind nuts in the damn thing. Cheryl agreed to get me a quote and get back. Over a week later and 3 attempts to communicate I received the following:

"On Jul 12, 2018, at 12:21 PM, legendarycheryl@comcast.net wrote:

Jesse,

We will replace the fuel lines as they are not submersible. We will not make any changes to the Tapped Holes as they are not defective. That is the way that tank is made. It is being offered as you have it at the price you paid. There is nothing wrong with the configuration or quality of that version of the Monster tank. We will continue to sell this version at $2495.00.

However we are developing and offering an upgraded version of the Monster Tank, that will include a New Quarter Twist Cap, All Blind Threaded Holes throughout, New Style Bottom. The price is $2,695.00.

If you would like to upgrade we will give you credit for your tank. You will need to place an order and wait in line with the other customers who have placed orders for the version with the new options.

Best Regards,
Cheryl
orders@3Dprint2form.com

Legendary-motorcycles.com
"

I responded:
"So the price difference between the tank I bought and the “upgraded” version is $200, correct?"

Lengendary responded:
"You paid $1,995.00 for your tank. The credit would be $1,995.00. The tank version with options is $2,695.00

The difference is $700.00.
"

I responded:
"I’m not paying an arbitrary rate hike plus an upgrade Cheryl. That makes zero sense.  I would think after all this time you’d want to make it right. Happy to pay the difference between the two tanks but to pay a higher fee for a tank I already bought is absurd.

In an effort to be done with this Cheryl, I will reluctantly meet you guys half way at $350 for the full blind but tank. I think that is more than reasonable given the 5 months this has been going on. If not, at least I can say I made an effort to put an end to it. Your call
."

That last email was on Thursday 7/12/18 with no response. I won't even add commentary and ask if I'm out of my mind or does my offer not seem reasonable at this point? I don't even know anymore, seriously. Would you all feel ok paying 25% more plus an upgrade price?

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2018, 06:55:27 PM »

Looks like a very reasonable attempt by yourself to resolve it. They should have just fixed it all for free, given you the upgrade and a sweetener thrown in and left you singing their praises, but they clearly don't see business the way I do.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2018, 07:22:12 PM »

Indeed reasonable.  To me, $350 sounds like a good compromise, but you should be in front of the line.  Five months time served.  Just my 2 cents.
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2018, 10:44:02 PM »

Wait a minute. Does CNC=waterjet?

I only ask, because if so I have a CNC 848/S4rs flange in the raw. It was waterjet cut. I actually have two. One was installed in an aluminum tank (that looks nothing like a Monster tank). It has studs to mount the fuel pump flange.

The Monster tank on the Legendary page with the round flange looks waterjet cut to my untrained eye.

uglyducky

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2018, 09:30:47 AM »

Looks like a very reasonable attempt by yourself to resolve it. They should have just fixed it all for free, given you the upgrade and a sweetener thrown in and left you singing their praises, but they clearly don't see business the way I do.

so i've been informed by legendary (not amex) that my cc company has sided in my favor and will return the $. i'm yet to hear this from amex. however, i did attempt again to offer the compromise price/resolution and it was declined again. legendary would actually make more money this way - take the tank back (the 'lesser model') sell it for their now $2500 price tag, take $350 from me for the 'upgraded model' with no "through" holes (really the only one they should offer) and they would have $2850 for a tank they are charging $2700 for. but, i guess not all people see math and business the same way. either way, i'll be glad to be done with them and will put an order in for the japanese beater tank!

this has been one of the worst customer service/product experiences i have had. i'm shocked at how this was handled by legendary.

uglyducky

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2018, 10:06:55 AM »

I've put it up before. This is the 'beater' tank. (Japenese ,yes)

can you confirm that all holes are blind on this tank itsamonster? they appear to be as any tank should but i feel like thats a question we have to ask now  laughingdp

greenmonster

« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2018, 02:49:44 AM »

They don't make sense.

"There's nothing wrong w our tank".
"New tank will have the things customer complained about". Roll Eyes

They should have given you the new model, free of charge.
Their 700$ loss is nothing compared to the bad PR
they made here.

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: