Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 10:41:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YSS shocks?  (Read 2601 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« on: October 17, 2017, 07:18:42 AM »

Anyone use a YSS shock on their bike?

They seem to be well made, price is cheaper than the European brands.  They are made in Thailand, but that's likely irrelevant these days.

There is a USA seller, but his website is shit and the listed prices are 25-30% higher than buying them from sellers in UK, even wiht the shipping.

Yes/No, FHE?

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:21:17 AM by ducatiz » Logged

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
MonsterHPD

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 10:11:14 AM »

Anyone use a YSS shock on their bike?

They seem to be well made, price is cheaper than the European brands.  They are made in Thailand, but that's likely irrelevant these days.

There is a USA seller, but his website is shit and the listed prices are 25-30% higher than buying them from sellers in UK, even wiht the shipping.

Yes/No, FHE?

No.
My pal bought a pair of these for some project or other, meaning they were left in the shelf for some considerable time. Pulling them out to show someone, the oil had leaked out.

But this is six, seven years ago, maybe they are better now ...?   

Monster 900-2002 (sold, alive and well in the UK), 749R / 1100 HYM combo for track days, wifes / my Monster Dark 800-2003 (not entirely "Dark" anymore and a personal favourite) , 50% of 900SSie -2000 track bike for rainy days-now with tuned ST2 motor and Microtec ECU. Also parked due to having been T-boned on track.
ajw85

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 12:49:27 PM »

popcorn
Moronic

07 S4Rs

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 04:33:37 PM »

I believe they are designed by a suspension tuner connected with a shop in Adelaide, South Australia. (Scroll down.)

Several related threads on the Adventure Rider forum. Here is a search page.

Some recent comments on the second page of this thread on advrider.com.

No personal experience. Hope that helps some.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:38:17 PM by Moronic » Logged

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »

I believe they are designed by a suspension tuner connected with a shop in Adelaide, South Australia. (Scroll down.)

Several related threads on the Adventure Rider forum. Here is a search page.

Some recent comments on the second page of this thread on advrider.com.

No personal experience. Hope that helps some.

thanks for those links..  seems they might be an option -- i have a few older Pantahs and am always looking for stuff.  the old Marzocchi Stradas are crud

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 11:39:36 AM »

Or maybe Ikon (formerly Koni?) and Hagon too I guess.

2015 Scrambler 800
ajw85

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 06:46:24 AM »

Off topic but here is another random brand to use for older twin shock bikes
RFY shocks
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/rfy-shocks

Then this guy has created a business rebuilding them and
http://chrislivengood.net/wp/rfy-shocks-rebuild-service/
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 07:16:26 AM »

Or maybe Ikon (formerly Koni?) and Hagon too I guess.

I didn't think they were related (koni/ikon)..   but they are pricey except for the basic kit.  I actually got a pair of NOS Konis for my Alazzurra a few years back, a mere $450

The Hagons I've seen were crap.

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 08:04:30 AM »

I have had Konis on two Harleys as they were the local quality go to solution.
Shame about Hagon shocks, they appear to be a popular solution for English classic bikes. Maybe they are just reproing the old oil dampers?

2015 Scrambler 800
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 09:03:37 AM »

I have had Konis on two Harleys as they were the local quality go to solution.
Shame about Hagon shocks, they appear to be a popular solution for English classic bikes. Maybe they are just reproing the old oil dampers?

I've seen 3 bikes with them, all cruisers.  I wasn't impressed.  They were probably minimally sufficient.  I can't dismiss the whole brand, but that's all I've seen.

Von Eisen

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 05:51:33 PM »

Im running a YSS on my M750, it seems well made and performs reasonably ... All in all, Id give it a thumbs up for bang for bucks
ajw85

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 08:14:19 AM »

Im running a YSS on my M750, it seems well made and performs reasonably ... All in all, Id give it a thumbs up for bang for bucks

Link to what/where you purchased?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: