Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:33:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to fix Helmet Hair  (Read 3838 times)
S21FOLGORE

« on: September 27, 2017, 08:56:07 PM »

How to fix “Helmet Hair” quickly and easily

Yeah, so, the dreaded helmet hair.

This thread is not going to improve your riding ability or mechanical skill / knowledge.
It’s just how to quickly fix “compressed at the top, frayed at the side” kind of hair I get after taking off the helmet.

Keep in mind what I show is just one example, it may or may not work for your hair, bacuase

The type of hair (mine is straight and thick (in diameter), but soft, so they get compressed down under the helmet)
The type of the helmet (I always wear the helmet with effective top vent)
The type of haircut (shorter hair cut doesn’t always give better result. For some, it works. For some others, it doesn’t.)

are all different from person to person.

So, in a hot (90°F plus) day in California, started around 11:00 AM

Came back around 4:30 PM. Wearing helmet for 5 hours in a hot day compresses the hair at the top.

These are the stuff I use for fixing helmet hair.

Small, fine mist spray bottle filled with water ( I carry this as a part of  “helmet face shield cleaning kit”, you can see it in the photo), wide tooth comb, small micro fiber towel (bandana can be used also)
(I’m doing this after coming back home, but I can do this on the road, too.)

Spray water on your head. Don’t over do it. You only need to moisten the root of the hair.

Using microfiber towel (or bandana) rub your hair. (Do it like when you wash the hair with shampoo. Try to keep the towel between your finger tip and hair.

Using wide tooth comb, lift up the hair on top of the head. If the side gets tangled up, water spray and comb can take care of that.)

(I forgot to tell you, but you need some sort of hair styling products on your hair first. For “managing helmet hair” purpose, mousse (styling foam) works best since they are designed to add volume to the hair.
You also need to start with completely dry hair. Never wear helmet with wet (or even half wet) hair.)

S21FOLGORE

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 02:26:59 AM »

herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 10:28:37 AM »

Or, get a crew cut...

Grin

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 05:56:07 PM »

I went with the crew cut, but this will be goid info for the GLW waytogo

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: