Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 16, 2024, 01:15:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Australia  (Read 1160 times)
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2024, 06:19:57 PM »

Goannas have been dangerous in some parks, eg Croajingalong National Park. Very aggressive and intrusive around campsites, using standover tactics to get food. Had to sleep in the car with all the gear and rations. These were bigger and bolder than the ones from my home town and around two meters long. Snakes don't worry me but these things were nasty.

When I was 19-20, my mates were camping in Garriwerd National Park and drinking. One mate was hammered and drinking with the adolescent Kangaroos giving them beers. We warned him not to as it could make them ill. He was corrupting the youngsters. laughingdp The roos at this park were used to people and he was sitting with them sharing beer and didn't believe us when warned of the dominant male approaching from behind.  Dad Roo tapped him on the shoulder and we ran for it.  One of the funniest memories of my foolish youth laughingdp.

Fortunately he was sitting with the young roos and I reckon he would have copped a kick if he was standing over them.

laughingdp

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: