Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 05, 2024, 01:10:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rizoma Reverse Retro vs. CRG Arrow mirrors  (Read 4732 times)
OffAxis

« on: June 16, 2017, 05:11:07 AM »

I recently picked up my 2017 M821 and I'm just not getting the hang of its mirrors.  I guess I feel the need to see behind me.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

I've narrowed it down to the two mentioned (only - I don't want round).

Any good, bad (& ugly) feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

💪🏻🤡 🏍💨

09Aircooled

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 06:22:54 AM »

I really disliked the Reverse Retro's on my M1100. You couldn't see anything beside you or behind you. All I would see is shoulders...I have some for sale in the classifieds. http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=75366.0
OffAxis

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 07:02:39 AM »

I really disliked the Reverse Retro's on my M1100. You couldn't see anything beside you or behind you. All I would see is shoulders...I have some for sale in the classifieds. http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=75366.0

Thanks for that. 

What did you end up with?

🤔💭
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 07:04:21 AM »

Sponsors MonsterParts and probably MotoWheels sell Rizoma and CRG  waytogo

Last year, 2016 catalog, Rizoma had a square version of the Spy-R (Spy-Q). You could ask if they are able to order a pair of those...

CRG and Rizoma Spy-R/Q are mounted outside the bars and will probably give you a good view of traffic behind. The downside is that they make the bike wider and that you might need to turn your head away from what's going on in front of you (which IMO is really bad).

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
09Aircooled

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 07:17:46 AM »

Thanks for that. 

What did you end up with?

🤔💭

I ended up with some CRG Blindsights, but I think I'll be getting the CRG lanesplitters in the near future. The blindsights are way better, but a tad in the small side, Lanesplitters are a lil bigger too. I now have vision and can see behind me which I love!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OffAxis

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 07:59:27 AM »

There has got to be something to this.  Are we as riders not suppose/supposed to see/be concerned about what's behind us?  After seeing so many OEM mirror complaints, one has to wonder.  
I don't recall this being such an issue on my previous bike (21 years ago).  

🤷🏻‍♂️
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 08:07:05 AM »

CRG Arrows all the way. I run one on both bikes.  Dolph

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 08:47:26 AM »

I don't recall this being such an issue on my previous bike (21 years ago).  

Higher bars and higher mirrors?

Most of us ride with the elbows a little outwards, so mirrors mounted high will be better for rear view...

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
danaid

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 02:42:35 PM »

I have spy-r 80 mirrors and love them! Rizoma has excellent build quality and very durable anodizing. The spy r 80's are the perfect size, there is a smaller version. They quickly swivel in for splitting lanes or tight parking spaces.

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
OffAxis

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 04:42:51 AM »

I have spy-r 80 mirrors and love them! Rizoma has excellent build quality and very durable anodizing. The spy r 80's are the perfect size, there is a smaller version. They quickly swivel in for splitting lanes or tight parking spaces.

Thanks for that.

I really don't want round, as I feel they're the wrong shape, for the/my Monster.  

I'm pretty much set on the Rizoma Reverse Retro or just leave them as is and get used to them.  Their mounting style (arm) is what appeals to me most (vs. the CRG Arrow).

Also, lane splitting and/or tight parking/storage spaces are not a concern.

✌️🙃👍

danaid

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »

Agreed ^

I must admit I originally disliked bar end mirrors, they all looked ugly to me. I bought two different sets of Rizoma mirrors that look awesome but they didn't improve the rear visibility. I decided to give the bar ends a try and now I'm hooked.

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
OffAxis

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 05:32:39 AM »

What are people's thought(s) on the standard bar end adapter vs. slider bar end adapter vs. weighted/slider bar end adapters from Rizoma?!?

I was thinking slider, but then thought about weighted/slider bar ends.

I don't even know what the Monster's OEM setup is, as I have yet to look into that particular aspect of them.

I've been out of the street motorcycle scene for 21 years and unfamiliar with all this new(er) "technology."

Thanks!

🤔💭 🏍💨
OffAxis

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 05:42:43 AM »

Agreed ^

I must admit I originally disliked bar end mirrors, they all looked ugly to me. I bought two different sets of Rizoma mirrors that look awesome but they didn't improve the rear visibility. I decided to give the bar ends a try and now I'm hooked.

I'm somewhat perplexed, that they (Rizoma Reverse Retro) don't offer more visibility.  They appear to extend beyond the bar end, if rotated outward.  

MotivationUSA has them on sale, for less than $87.00/ea. & everywhere else is selling them for more than $100.00.  

I really want to give them a go, but just needing some more input on them (+), before committing.  

✌️😎👍
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: