Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 01:32:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: that Old Tangerine Dream (problem bike these days... :( )  (Read 47308 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2020, 07:15:28 PM »

I do not.  Would be helpful since I want to replace the turn signal indicators since one is ripped and dangling.
You can download a manual, which includes the diagram, form ducati.com

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2020, 08:40:22 PM »

They only go back to 2016 on the Monsters at this point.  Haynes seems not to cover the SR2.  No diagram needed for the directional, only two wires to join and polarity doesn't matter.  I will see if I have a diagram for your bike.  Though it normally goes against my grain you could replace the two relays.  They are standard so any real auto parts store can math them.
S21FOLGORE

« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2020, 01:36:37 PM »

I do not.  Would be helpful since I want to replace the turn signal indicators since one is ripped and dangling.

I have S2R workshop manual in PDF, which includes wiring diagram.
Do you want one?
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2020, 10:33:34 AM »

I don't.  That's how this started- the shop wanted $1500 to fix the fuel pump.

You live in a big city, don't you? There has to be more than one motorcycle shop..... doesn't have to be Ducati. Your issues are common and everything they need to check is in plain sight.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
greenohawk69

« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2020, 12:23:52 PM »

You said earlier you have a garage, so you can open a door and try and start it again - rain or not.

Why don't you also go through each connect, ensure it is clean and ensure the connection is good. You might learn something aboit your bike; it's how I learned and am no mechanic by any means. I grew tired of paying $100+/hour for things I deemed I should know and can fix.

"An enlightened people, and an energetic public opinion... will control and enchain the aristocratic spirit of the government." --Thomas Jefferson to Chevalier de Ouis, 1814

There are 4 boxes to be used in the defense of liberty:  Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo.  Please use in this order.  -- Ed Howdershelt
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2020, 09:23:41 AM »

You said earlier you have a garage, so you can open a door and try and start it again - rain or not.

Why don't you also go through each connect, ensure it is clean and ensure the connection is good. You might learn something aboit your bike; it's how I learned and am no mechanic by any means. I grew tired of paying $100+/hour for things I deemed I should know and can fix.

Because my garage is half a block away.  Not everyone has an attached garage or even a garage that is part of their apartment building.  I rent from a neighbor down the street.  Not a fan of cold and wet if I can avoid it.  In addition, the garage is so old, they used to have a coal furnace to heat it.  There is brick dust everywhere and hardly any lighting.  When I work on the bike it has to be sunny out or I can't see shit in that old garage.  But I am grateful that I have one.

"Do something each day that scares you..."
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2020, 09:24:32 AM »

I have S2R workshop manual in PDF, which includes wiring diagram.
Do you want one?

Yes, please.  I will pm you.  It would be helpful.  Thanks.  Maybe I can see about thee belts everyone is talking about.

MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2020, 09:28:09 AM »

You live in a big city, don't you? There has to be more than one motorcycle shop..... doesn't have to be Ducati. Your issues are common and everything they need to check is in plain sight.

There a few alley ones it looks like.  I never took my bike to one of those as I was told "always go to a Ducati shop" by other Ducati people.  I am really disappointed that after I put the work in my bike, it's still not working correctly.  I thought I did a good job. Sad

MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2020, 09:30:37 AM »

Oh! Oh! Oh! I forgot one thing that I noticed...

The bike is smelling "gassy".  Not like bean farts but like gasoline.  There are no leaks that I see anywhere but I noticed it the last two times I rode it.

MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #264 on: May 13, 2020, 09:34:02 AM »

I just read something interesting that I might try. That shop book will be helpful if there is a wire diagram in there.  Smiley

Heath

« Reply #265 on: May 13, 2020, 05:45:56 PM »

Workshop, Owners, and parts manuals for S2R800

https://www.mikemo.org/bikes/manuals/s2r800/

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #266 on: May 13, 2020, 05:50:14 PM »

Workshop, Owners, and parts manuals for S2R800

https://www.mikemo.org/bikes/manuals/s2r800/

<3  Grin

MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2020, 02:43:33 PM »

I have a dumb thought:

Could the dangling rear turn light be causing a short and cutting the bike off?  I am trying to look up how to replace that and see if I have it in me to attempt it this weekend since I got a stock turn signal to replace the broken one.

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2020, 03:13:18 PM »

It would more likely break the fuse, but since it's going to be replaced anyway....  do it and see what happens.

- remove seat
- two nuts and move the tail light forward (just out of the way)
- unscrew four nuts under the beer tray
- catch the falling parts Wink if you can or let them fall. Make a note or take a picture of the parts' place.
- there are two wires to the license plate light. Label them. Disconnect. Might need two pliers.
- there are two x two wires for the two turn signals. Label them. Disconnect. Might need two pliers

- take pictures or video of what it looks like where the the dangling light once was. It might be important to know how to solve this IF there is need for creativity.

This is NOT harder than what you have already done  waytogo

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2020, 03:14:50 PM »

.... and please help here if you can.

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=78191.0

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: