Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 04:07:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducati for sale again?  (Read 14803 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 09:53:15 AM »

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=75257.msg1383521#msg1383521

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 12:02:43 PM »

But they did such a wonderful job with MV and Buell Tongue
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 12:11:09 PM »

But they did such a wonderful job with MV and Buell Tongue

How have they done 'without' help from HD?  Wink

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 12:13:56 PM »

Buell, clearly not too awful good.  MV?  Still alive with some impressive bikes.  Their future?  No idea.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 12:16:58 PM »

Buell, clearly not too awful good.  MV?  Still alive with some impressive bikes.  Their future?  No idea.

True. How many MV's do you see on the road in, I don't know, let's say a year?

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 12:31:53 PM »

I see a ton at the track.

Haven't ever seen one on the road. Their dealer network is sorely lacking.

I, for one, don't care who owns Ducati as long as they keep their booger hooks away.

Let them do what they do. Willie G must not design Ducs. Tongue

Harley's future isn't exactly bright right now with all the faithful aging out, hence the need to expand their market..

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 01:17:39 PM »

Oh no doubt, Willie can't give design advice. Although, I'd be willing to say the Diavel sales will increase.

Drjones

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 03:42:21 PM »

Way too much of a culture clash between the two companies.  I'm sure HD's line of thinking is this is an opportunity to put their thumb on Ducati in order to retain/regain HD's market share.  Ducati pissed in HD's cheerio's with the XDiavel.

"Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else tomorrow."

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 04:01:52 PM »

I don't buy that for a minute. Battley has been around a long time, with HD and Ducati as their main sales back in the beginning. Folks get along just fine.

http://www.battley.com/

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 05:40:50 PM »

Maybe if HD do buy Ducati all will be well on the proviso that the Diavel disappears. They then will have two boutique brands that cover the whole range of road going motorcycles. At least HD know the value of a marque and the power of a brand's history. Ducati would do well to reconnect with its history. You can still buy an old FLH ignition switch whole or in individual repair parts.

2015 Scrambler 800
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 09:30:01 PM »

I never counted.  Not a lot unless you count repeats.  We do have three dealers who sell them in the area.  I personally know four owners, more if you count vintage.   I looked for sales statistics and came up blank. 
Truckedup

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 01:57:54 AM »

So now Ducati's will have open drag pipes and ride side by side ? Probably in the long run Harley owning Ducati will be no different than being owned by Audi/VW.

Naked frame LSR..Riders dressed in animal hides clinging to oily vibrating machines propelled by fire
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2017, 11:04:36 AM »

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 04:43:16 AM »

HOw many Ducatis on the road vs other bikes?  Both are niche brands.

They only make 50,000 bikes per year, worldwide.  

Honda makes over 300,000 bikes per year, worldwide.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2017, 04:44:50 AM »

I never counted.  Not a lot unless you count repeats.  We do have three dealers who sell them in the area.  I personally know four owners, more if you count vintage.   I looked for sales statistics and came up blank. 

Your google-fu is lacking, glass hopper

http://www.ducati.com/news/record_sales_and_strong_growth_for_ducati/2016/01/14/4008/index.do

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: