Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 06:02:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It just ain't right  (Read 9390 times)
chipripper
El Borracho mas grandisimo

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 03:42:39 PM »

Chris,

This is some dirty business! I was bummed when you left San Diego, I went into GP looking to pick up some oe belt$. Was stoked to find Candice at the counter, and exact fit belts for sale! Still have the used ramp you sold me cheap, so I could truck my monster to Moto gp in Laguna seca. I'll keep buying your stuff, as long as you keep making it. Hope you can get your stuff into PU.

Good luck dude.

2008 S2R1000 black and white, mostly stock ;-)
Marving header, Velocity stacks, Pod filters, Flashed ECU to DP map, Polished valve covers and cam covers, SSR reverse shifter and inspection cover, Aelle adjustable pegs, Windscreen and cowl removal, Many plastic bits removed, Cut beer tray
ducriderinct

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 07:43:32 PM »

Sorry to hear it. That really sucks Sad Can you cross post this to ducati.ms and the other forums to get some traction? Maybe if enough people take notice, some change might happen??

Do you have any legal standpoint from a copyright infringement perspective???
Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 06:04:20 PM »

yeah i have a buddy who has a small moto accessory business.  his biggest distributor in the UK turned around and had his own products re-made in china and started reselling them.

pretty shitty.

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
bdfinally

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 11:49:57 AM »

Just ordered a set of belts on Saturday from ya'll and already have a tracking number. That's service. I'm going on PU when I get home to ask if M&M's are included in their belt offer, then tell them to take a flying f*ck at a rolling donut when they say "wut"

The tyranny of the rat race is not yet final...HST
krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »

What's the backlog on 696 belts?

I see 2 sets on the shelf, so get your order in immediately. We now have our manufacturing started up again and have been placing orders every 2 weeks. So the belts that came in Friday? The PO was sent in late January. The next shipment has more TB696 belts coming in and that'll be in the next 8 to 12 business days.

(I like you... personally, despite internet nonsense and lack of personal interactton).
Thanks! I haven't been on the forums at all for like 2 years, sorry about that! It has been a mad scramble trying to get the tanks in production. I wasted almost a year trying to work with the local rotational molder and finally got fed up with the run-around so we went back to Cali and bought a roto machine of our own. Literally every minute of every work day is spent trying to get our tanks going again.

How can we (as consumers) help you run a profitable business?

» Buy actual ExactFit™ timing belts via our established sales channels.
» Buying from us is great; however, supporting our dealers and distributors is awesome and better for growning our overall sales and brand awareness.
» Ask your local dealer to offer Ca Cycleworks ExactFit™ timing belts. Before BDL interfered with our ability to purchase our own products, GP Motorcycles in San Diego became a distributor. As a franchised Ducati dealer, they are in a unique position to help get our belts into more franchised dealers. I've known the folks at GP for decades and they are pretty conservative about jumping on aftermarket products.
» If the parts guy at your dealer knows about this situation, ask them to to avoid buying the counterfeit "Tru-Fit" belts from Parts Unlimited and instead carry Ca Cycleworks ExactFit™ timing belts.
» Any chance you've got to yell at @PartsUnlimited, do it.

If you or a friends have a Harley, BDL are the drive belt manufacturers for Parts Unlimited sister company Drag Specialties.
» You can let Harley dealers who care about small business know what's happening and get them to pressure their Parts Unlimited / Drag Specialties sales reps to do the right thing.
» What is the "Right thing"? Got me... I am a problem solver, not a screwer-overer of other businesses. Maybe they can buy our timing belts from us instead of counterfeits from BDL? Or just make Tru-Fit go away and go on like nothing happened? Got me.
» I'm not one to call for boycotts; they are normally just bad for business. But if enough people yell at me to furnish an alternative to BDL / Drag Specialties drive belts for H-D, I'll do it.

Sorry to hear it. That really sucks Sad Can you cross post this to ducati.ms and the other forums to get some traction? Maybe if enough people take notice, some change might happen??

I'm really not one to spam forums and prefer to instead have everyday folks like y'all help spread the word. You guys are on the various forums and know the nuances of which board to post on, etc. Plus, right now, I really don't spend much time on computers. I try to update facebook with my progress on the rotational machine -- that has been epic work and I need to get that thing earning us money.

Do you have any legal standpoint from a copyright infringement perspective???

Possibly. It's obvious they used the actual digital PDF files I created for their counterfeit products' labeling. Like literally, when BDL were our sales people, they demanded that I supply them the artwork "to confirm it is correct with the importer/manufacturer, BesTorq".

Doesn't matter since we don't have spare $ to pay lawyers. When BDL starved us, it did almost kill Ca Cycleworks. I moved out east to be with family; we had a family meeting and discussed closing the business. The only reason we were able to keep going was inheritance from a death in the family. Besides continuing to support our products and customers, the number 1 reason we didn't quit was so that we could provide for 3 generations of family.

OK - gotta go. I'll try to remember to check in 2x a day...

Thanks,
Chris

Krista Kelley ... autist formerly known as chris
official nerd for ca-cycleworks.com
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 09:17:38 PM »

Not nice to hear this; specially since you've been so helpful, people remember the helpful videos;  waytogo

so to see you getting squeezed  out of business (F-ed over) is more than annoying  boo

... you have a loyal group of customers because you have good product and you've given much and have so much on line info to back it up so hope this keeps you in good stead and have a steady stream of customers.

Cheers Dave

Dolph

.... all the world is yours.
krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 08:11:36 AM »

Thanks Dave!

We confirmed that the official importer/manufacturer (BesTorq in Nebraska) was not aware of the counterfeit belts nor a part of the process in manufacturing them.

BesTorq and I spent a year and a half working out the details before production even began. Once the belts were in service, they flew to California a couple times to look at the belts on actual motorcycles - once at Laguna Seca and another time at a dealer. BesTorq ended up making new molds for all our belts to ensure the best fit and highest reliability.

If it weren't for the bang head, I would be more popcorn. So it's on all of us to stick together to build the ExactFit™ brand and chug.

Thanks,
Chris

Krista Kelley ... autist formerly known as chris
official nerd for ca-cycleworks.com
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 10:18:05 AM »

wow.  what assholes.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 06:50:21 PM »

Other than buying directly from you or Monsterparts, do you know what other retailers are selling genuine belts?

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
Raux

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 03:48:12 AM »

Parts purchased from cà cycleworks
OwnyTony

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 08:16:57 AM »

what about the  ca-cycleworks belt from motowheels?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:20:10 AM by OwnyTony » Logged
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 10:05:49 AM »

what about the  ca-cycleworks belt from motowheels?
Not positive, but I think motowheels is a retailer for Chris.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

OwnyTony

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »

I ask because I just got a set of belts in today and they say CA-Cycleworks on the package but the belts have "BDL" on them as well
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 10:18:37 AM »

I'm sure Chris will be by to comment. If BDL is using ca-cycleworks logo as well as the artwork, it might change things, legally.

Take some pics...please?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

OwnyTony

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 10:47:02 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: