Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 23, 2024, 11:22:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 MotoGP Qatar *Spoilers*  (Read 7808 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 05:41:01 AM »

You have to feel a bit for Zarco. It was a valiant effort but the lack of experience trying to push those soft tires beyond their useful traction life will have to be chalked--up to "I'll know better next time". Something he can learn from Dovizioso as his smooth throttle and braking skills demonstrated how to conserve tire life.

About Aprilia:
There's a happy team. Aleix Espargaro staged a stunning comeback from a poor starting position, fighting up through the field to take 6th.

About Rossi: Amazing! Never discount the old man.
I don't think Zarco had toasted his tire when he crashed. It was reported he got off line just a little and it's well known that being offline, even just a little, in Qatar is a bad thing. His inexperience showed, because as Dovi pointed out in the press conference, he wouldn't have had enough tire at the end going that pace at the beginning.

Zarco made all the podium sitters take notice. He'll be at the sharp end this season, and for many to come.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2017, 09:06:21 AM »

I don't think Zarco had toasted his tire when he crashed. It was reported he got off line just a little and it's well known that being offline, even just a little, in Qatar is a bad thing. His inexperience showed, because as Dovi pointed out in the press conference, he wouldn't have had enough tire at the end going that pace at the beginning.

Zarco made all the podium sitters take notice. He'll be at the sharp end this season, and for many to come.

Agreed. Zarco put a lot of people on notice with his performance throughout the weekend. Even if the tires would not have lasted the whole race, the fact that he was fighting it out with the big boys and actually building a gap shows some impressive race craft, a point that Iannone is lacking.

Of all the stories this weekend, Rossi's comeback is by far the most impressive. Everyone understood that Maverick is batshit fast on the M1. Cal had it right. Other than pure speed, I didn't see the cutthroat race craft you see from MM and Rossi. I'm back on the Rossi bandwagon at least for a few weeks. I want him to find the magic and race up there with Maverick. I want to see how Vinales responds when he's swapping paint with Rossi and MM.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Blackout

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »

Expect more out of Ianonne this year. Dovi's the "bridesmaid" again. Grin

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2017, 10:02:21 AM »

Dovi's decision to use the soft tire to get up there and then manage the grip turned out to be a good strategy. He would have likely won the race if not for Vinales being so damn fast on the M1. Ducati has done well in both Argentina and Austin, so we'll see if Dovi can steal one before heading back to Spain where you'll likely see the vets start pushing the young guys.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2017, 10:28:18 AM »

Good thing you can watch it on TV or recorded and view it later, because the Missus might have something for you to do.  Kiss

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2017, 12:20:33 PM »

MotoGP.com is a good thing

ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2017, 01:47:32 PM »

Cracker of a race ...going to be a great year

Yup got screwed on the recording missed last half of race ...Picked up the rest on Kodi
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2017, 04:36:16 PM »

Cracked me up reading this,

Dear George,

I really should send you the Email I just got from Matthias in Germany.

But you don't know any German swear-words, so it would be pointless. And I cannot risk being hit by all the broken shisha pipes and busted chairs I see being hurled out of the smashed window of your motorhome.

Eleventh, George? Seriously? Eleventh? It wasn't raining.

I know you said it was. Franco and Loris even drove out and looked in case it was actually raining on the corners where you said it was, but they couldn't see any rain.

And no, I do not think finishing in 11th after starting in 12th is a "great improvement" and that you need a trophy for "Bravest, Best and Fairest". And no, we're not making up a sash for you to wear that says "Here is the Butter, putas!"

Jonas make the beast with two backsing Folger beat you. Alex Rins beat you. Sure, it was their first ever race on a MotoGP bike, so it's maybe like you say "Beginner's Luck".

But Scott Redding and Jack Miller also beat you. And you don't even know who they are, even though you've been racing them for a while.

Jesus make the beast with two backsen Christ, George. Even Asparagus A managed to haul his shitty Aprilia into sixth, which you would not have seen because you were in 11th.

I'm thinking you'll be racing with those boys a lot this year. Which is why Matthias is so upset. He could have bought all of them, and Zarco, and given them all Ducatis and harems full of prostitutes for what he's paying you to come 11th.

Now keep the noise down. We have to go and have a few wines with Dovi. He came second. He is so happy and really quite pretty in his bridesmaid's dress. He even led the race for a while.

But that "Spanish traitor-puta" as you call him, won.

No, you don't want to know who came third. Trust me.

We're going to Argentina next, George. Yes, it does suck to be you at the moment.

Always hopeful,

Gigi.

http://www.bikeme.tv/

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2017, 05:45:04 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp waytogo

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2017, 06:37:16 PM »

Expect more out of Ianonne this year. Dovi's the "bridesmaid" again. Grin
I expect Crazy Joe to crash a lot more this year. Grin

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2017, 07:30:17 PM »

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2017, 04:41:21 AM »

I expect Crazy Joe to crash a lot more this year. Grin

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/03/28/iannone-i-have-to-not-to-be-so-impulsive/222614

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2017, 07:00:43 AM »

"I made a mistake and I really hope it is my first and last time. "

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Just like all the other first and last times. waytogo

perspective

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2017, 07:01:03 AM »

The Architect

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2017, 11:18:18 AM »

Not surprised at how J-Lo finished; the bike is new to him, it was humid and the sun was in his eyes.  And yes, who cares.  Good for Dovi!

That's funny!  I hope Iannone calms down just a little this season.  It was good seeing him and MM fighting.  It'll be good to see the two of them go at it this season. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: