Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 08:48:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Better Looking boots  (Read 8502 times)
09Aircooled

« on: February 28, 2017, 11:22:37 AM »

Do we have riders with big feet on here? I wear a size 14 or 49 EUR and get frustrated at how limited the market place is for boots I need that have some style as well as function. Favorite looking boots are the Stylmartin, Dainese, Rev'it, RSD...however, I'm usually stuck/forced into getting things like normal work boots from Wolverine, RedWing, Icon. Looking for something that I can wear in to work without having the track boot/sneaker look, toe reinforcement, heal reinforcement also and look stylish as well. Most boots I get I have to always open up the shifter lever to the widest setting and slide my boot and it doesn't always feel comfortable or safe for that matter. Only boots that allow me to feel comfortable are my A*'s SMx5's as the toe section are not too fat/wide to move in freely between the shifter and the peg...but as mentioned I can't wear those into the office. Any thoughts??
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 02:02:50 PM »

I'm using Sidi Canyons, they're obviously moto boots, but not too extreme looking.

Not sure if they do 49 EUR.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 03:53:04 PM »

http://uniongaragenyc.com/shop/motorcycle-boots/tcx-hero

http://uniongaragenyc.com/shop/motorcycle-boots/tcx-x-blend-wp

http://uniongaragenyc.com/shop/motorcycle-boots/tcx-chelsea-moto-boots

http://uniongaragenyc.com/shop/motorcycle-boots/stylmartin-legend-boots

http://uniongaragenyc.com/shop/motorcycle-boots/stylmartin-rocket-boots
Heath

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 11:32:19 PM »

This brand has been on my list for a while
http://gasolinaboots.com/
Boots are custom made to order so you get exactly what you want.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
brody73

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:40:45 AM »

Have heard good things about the quality of Gasolina boots, though they take long to respond to emails according to some reviews.
09Aircooled

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 09:11:22 AM »

This brand has been on my list for a while
http://gasolinaboots.com/
Boots are custom made to order so you get exactly what you want.

Thanks for the info Heath on the Gasolina boots...I've sent them an email to see if they can make me some custom ones with things I've asked for. Or I can try and cut them out and find the mfg in Mexico since I have family that lives in that area...I'm going to visit them on 3/20 for a week so if I can find them I'll see if I can get me some boots at a cheaper price.  Grin
Heath

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 10:28:34 PM »

Have heard good things about the quality of Gasolina boots, though they take long to respond to emails according to some reviews.
Yeah a friend of mine has some red boots by them and she loves them. She rides a lot and they have held up well.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
danaid

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 08:04:56 PM »

TCX boots run larger and they are the stylishly designed. I have a pair of their riding sneakers, very stylish. All my other boots are Dainese, which run narrow.

https://www.revzilla.com/tcx-boots
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:07:11 PM by danaid » Logged

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
09Aircooled

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 01:20:05 PM »

I finally pulled the trigger and last month I got these puppies made with the folks at Gasolina.

I know they aren't the most protective boots, but I love the oxblood color and made to fit my size14 foot. The best looking boot I've owned this far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GK

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 12:25:55 PM »

They look really good.

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
09Aircooled

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 07:56:04 AM »

They look really good.

They look better in person, the deep red ox blood color doesn't come through in the pictures as they do in person. So far these are my favorite boots I've ever owned and I've had quite a few. I have a set of the Icon 1000 El Bajo boots size 14 that the toe box is soo big it won't fit in between the shifter lever unless I tetris it in between the actual lever and peg...I've only worn them like 4 times because of it and basically brand new boots I'll never wear again.
GK

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 12:25:15 AM »

I'm glad you're pleased with them.

With regards to the pair that you've only worn 4 times, that's really frustrating when a piece of apparel doesn't fit you, or the bike right.

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
chipripper
El Borracho mas grandisimo

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 04:01:36 PM »

Those are nice! Is that the dapper w/ shift pads, instead of a toe cap? I've been thinking of getting the shortcuts w/o the bottom buckle, but I would prefer a lace-up for added security. If those are the dapper w/ shift pads, I think they would be ideal if you added the ankle pad from the shortcut.

2008 S2R1000 black and white, mostly stock ;-)
Marving header, Velocity stacks, Pod filters, Flashed ECU to DP map, Polished valve covers and cam covers, SSR reverse shifter and inspection cover, Aelle adjustable pegs, Windscreen and cowl removal, Many plastic bits removed, Cut beer tray
09Aircooled

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »

Those are nice! Is that the dapper w/ shift pads, instead of a toe cap? I've been thinking of getting the shortcuts w/o the bottom buckle, but I would prefer a lace-up for added security. If those are the dapper w/ shift pads, I think they would be ideal if you added the ankle pad from the shortcut.

ChipRipper, those are in fact the dapper boots w/shift pads as you saw. I love my boots and wear them to work when ever I ride in. So far comfortable and my kind of style/color too!! I agree that the dapper w/shift pads would be a great boot...only if I would have don't that earlier and before mine were made.

Next set for sure I'll do that!!
danaid

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 08:30:29 PM »

Wow, those are good looking boots! I never heard of the brand. I  went to their website and I think I found my next pair of boots..

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: