Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 05:39:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is your plastic tank experience after all this time?  (Read 14216 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2019, 02:29:31 AM »

I think it was more than the slots, but don't know for sure.
I think that the bracket was re-designed for even more rearward travel than the slots allowed in the stock bracket.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2019, 09:53:05 AM »

I think that the bracket was re-designed for even more rearward travel than the slots allowed in the stock bracket.

The bracket was swapped.  Last version I saw actually let the tank move on its own.

My coated tank is still going strong.  Didn't ride much over winter and left the gas in it on purpose.  very little expansion.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
hillbillypolack

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2019, 05:59:21 PM »

I still have my S2R 1000, though I did remove the tank as the fuel pump had failed (separate issue).  I was seeing minimal dimensional changes, the most notable was latching and clearing the ignition cylinder.  Since I was planning to upgrade several areas on the bike (forks, clutch) and had a Spark header & Termis, I'd like to keep the bike and enjoy it.  I was considering a metal tank - and still may do that.  It's one of the last true air cooled / dry clutch Monsters, so I have a sweet spot for it.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2019, 07:20:52 PM »

I've converted several bikes to steel tanks.

It's a rather expensive proposition, as very few of the tanks components will swap from the plastic to the steel.
You'll need to get an external fuel pressure regulator as well.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: