Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 17, 2024, 05:51:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *Update* Custom suit finished  (Read 5713 times)
danaid

« on: January 14, 2017, 09:04:54 AM »

After four months of waiting my made to measure Dainese Laguna Seca evo, race suit is finally finished!

I decided to treat myself after the connection zipper on my leather pants finally broke, my long torso pushed that zipper to its limits!

Also I had money left over by buying a used bike and not new! Makes sense to me  Grin

The suit is race fit and I'm still breaking it in but it fits perfectly. Being tall and having to deal with short waist and sleeves on my jackets was something I just dealt with. This is awesome!
 I'll report back after the weather around here improves and I can get a ride in.

Dan

IMG_0273 by daniel prudhume, on Flickr

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:26:43 PM by danaid » Logged

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 09:11:53 AM »

What is your impression about the sizing from the standard to the new suit (apart from the obvious) - similar?

Also, if I may ask, how much more is this compared to a standard suit?

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
danaid

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »

What is your impression about the sizing from the standard to the new suit (apart from the obvious) - similar?

I'm 6'3", overall I'm thin but, I have been a weightlifter for years, so some muscles here and there. I wear a 56 but with a suit I have to wear a 58 or 60 for the length. It depends on how close you are physically to the off the rack size, thin 5'5"-6'?
 It is important to have a professional size you vs. the kid at cycle gear giving you the thumbs up as you are squeezed into a tiny suit or one that hangs off you.

There are many options for the suit but I chose level 2, stock colors and options but with custom fit. It was about $500 over the off the rack suit. The suit was not cheap, but the extra cost was worth the perfect fit.

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 11:04:28 AM »

You'd think you were tall based on the question. Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »

You'd think you were tall based on the question. Grin

I am  Wink

Same height as you, danaid. I wear a 56 or 58 jacket - depending on the fit (regular or slim fit Dainese). If my "padding" was reduced I would be a 54-56, but in a 54 the sleeve length would be wrong.

My main problem is that my legs and torso lengths are off - longer legs and shorter torso, so I have to buy tall sizes pants from Dainese. 116 pants have legs that not even a standard 64 matches, so I can't use any of their standard suits.

danaid

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »

I am  Wink

Same height as you, danaid. I wear a 56 or 58 jacket - depending on the fit (regular or slim fit Dainese). If my "padding" was reduced I would be a 54-56, but in a 54 the sleeve length would be wrong.

My main problem is that my legs and torso lengths are off - longer legs and shorter torso, so I have to buy tall sizes pants from Dainese. 116 pants have legs that not even a standard 64 matches, so I can't use any of their standard suits.

Haha, are builds are the same! I have the same sizing issues. I decided not to spend lots of money on a suit and have the same fit issues I've learned to live with. Especially now since Dainese is no longer making "tall" sized suits anymore.

I'm fortunate to have the D- store San Francisco a couple hours away for some expert sizing. They are planning to attend all street moto events this year to provide suit fitting.

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 01:42:43 PM »

I'll try to stop by  waytogo

brody73

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 05:05:04 AM »

Looks good. Not sure if I can wait four months for a custom suit.
danaid

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 02:38:53 PM »

Looks good. Not sure if I can wait four months for a custom suit.

Actually took closer to six months  Shocked  the guy who took my measurements quit and I had to be remeasured!

Haha....well worth the wait because of my the suit fits perfectly..

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
danaid

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »

Finally had an opportunity to thoroughly break in my made to measure, Dainese Laguna Seca evo, race suit at the only track day I attended this year. Having a suit custom made was the best money spent. Not in any way inexpensive, spending a bit more when making a major purchase like this is worth it for me. Especially because I can't get a great fit from an off the shelf  product. I have nothing negative to report, only that the suit is a race cut, very very tight. (I could have had them make a sport cut fit instead) but now that the suit is broken in, the fit is not so bad anymore. If I thought about it, I would have stepped up to the next level suit that is much more comfortable, for just a couple hundred more dollars!  

Oct-09-2017-Lets Ride - Group C - Grapevine - BW__9360_Oct0917_CaliPhoto by daniel prudhume, on Flickr
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:28:55 PM by danaid » Logged

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: