Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 16, 2024, 10:49:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When to flash ECU and is it mandatory?  (Read 8534 times)
mister704

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 06:17:19 AM »

Got the ECU back in over the weekend and installed it. I was giving instructions to completely disconnect the o2 sensors so I did that prior to the first start up.

Craziest thing was as I was already doing all of this I said I might as well, remove the charcoal canister to clean it up BUT I could not get the darn air deflectors off. I unscrewed all 3 screws but it was attached to the other plastic piece which goes around the radiator. I became frustrated and decided to leave it alone so I would not break the plastic. IF you know what I am missing to get it to detach, please let me know.

Back to the ECU. Installed, put everything back together and crunk her up. Immediate difference in the cranking. None of the duh, duh, duh...vroooom. It was a a instant turnover.

As for the small ride, I could definitely tell the difference in the lower RPMs. Practically no jerking which is a pure blessing.

Sound wise, you can definitely here the bike breathing in more air but its nothing crazy.

Lastly, I witnessed no decel popping which is what I really hoped for. For now, until I get another day to ride (thanks snow), I will say the ECU flash was very positive and I am happy with it so far.

I am interested in seeing how this affects my gas mileage because I have ready that it has helped a few folks. So we will see what happens.

My ECU Settings are as follows

Exhaust = Spark High Mount Dual Exhaust without DB killers Slipon
Midpipe/Cat = Stock
Muffler Baffle/DB Killers = Not Installed
Air Filter = MWR Air Intake Filter for 1100
Air Intake Power Up Kit for 1100
ABS = Yes
Disable Immobilizer = No
Disable O2 = Yes
Re-Virgin ECU = No
Disable Exhaust Valve = Yes
Fuel = Pump Fuel
Custom Dash Display = No
Rev Limiter = 9300
danaid

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 08:51:35 PM »

Was the tips reset?  That was the instructions I received when I had my ecm flashed for my 1198.
 The new map that was flashed for my 1198 came out better than the power commander and dyno tune map that was made for my 1100 monster. Both have smooth power low in the powerband and both are way easier to start, especially the 1198.

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
mister704

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 10:18:26 AM »

Was the tips reset?  That was the instructions I received when I had my ecm flashed for my 1198.
 The new map that was flashed for my 1198 came out better than the power commander and dyno tune map that was made for my 1100 monster. Both have smooth power low in the powerband and both are way easier to start, especially the 1198.

Tips??

Not sure I understand you. I completely disconnected them from the main harness and the sealed each end with a little piece of weather stripping to ensure no water would ever get in. Then I zip tied them back to the frame so they would be out of the way.
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 10:42:39 AM »

I think tips is autocorrect for TPS - throttle position sensor.

danaid

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2017, 11:57:24 AM »

Tips??

Not sure I understand you. I completely disconnected them from the main harness and the sealed each end with a little piece of weather stripping to ensure no water would ever get in. Then I zip tied them back to the frame so they would be out of the way.

Haha! Didn't proof read, auto correct switched tps , throttle position sensor . My local dealer reset the tps  and calibrated the throttle bodies for about $50. This added to the smoothness!

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
mister704

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2017, 12:14:42 PM »

Haha! Didn't proof read, auto correct switched tps , throttle position sensor . My local dealer reset the tps  and calibrated the throttle bodies for about $50. This added to the smoothness!

Ah got ya. Well I didnt have that done to my knowledge but I won't know exactly how good she is until I really get to ride. I know for sure its much better than before but I will know for sure how good this weekend hopefully
TooLyr

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2018, 01:59:07 PM »

Hi,

I just did the reflash at redline/rexxer us (david) and installed the MWR power up+mwr air filter.
Already had termignoni exhaust on it, no exhaust flap.

It works great, no single issue, but I don't feel any noticeable difference before and after the upgrade.
It seems to work smoother in low speed around the city but acceleration and top speed feel the same.
Do you guys had anything similar or different?

Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: