Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 09:09:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vitiligo  (Read 4941 times)
Blackout

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 07:45:26 AM »

Damn, clicked on this thinking it was a new Ducati model.
Sorry, man. Keep your chin up, beauty's only skin deep and all that.  chug

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 06:55:24 PM »

Well it has now been over 2 1/2 year since diagnosis.  I have lost 80% of my front face colour and probably 75% everywhere else.  It attacked fast.  It has changed me and i try not to catch a glimpse of myself in mirror etc as I simply dont recognize that person anymore.  It is pretty tough.  Most people seem ok when dealing with me - I appreicate the ones that go out of their way to shake hands or talk as it kind of normalizes things and for which I am grateful.  But i have encountered people that stare and just keep staring which really reminds me when they do that how hideous i look, there are those that stay away from me as if I am contagious, kids just stare as they dont know any better which is understandable, some just try to avoid any contact whatsoever.  Anhyhow, I am thankful it didnt happen as a youngster as I cant imagine how harder that is.  Anyhow, working on dealing with it and trying to be grateful to be alive and kicking.

Lesson to all is that tomorrow is not promised and enjoy yourself now while you can Smiley

On the bike front, my triumph speed triple engine kind of blew up this summer at around 57K miles partly due to my fault.  My 620monster is still at a friends garage for the past 2 years or so to be worked on.  So I am now down to riding my Honda Grom.

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 06:47:53 PM »

Was just wondering how things were going for you...

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 06:58:51 PM »

Was just wondering how things were going for you...

Thanks for checking.  I lost a lot of Colour everywhere.  70% of my face colour is gone.  It’s tough.  I hate the mirror as I don’t recognize myself anymore in my brain. I don’t wish this on any being.   I try to think positive and move on.  It is not easy.  But atleast I am still around and it could be worse. 

Biggest worry is if I will ever be hired when one of this Days when the constant job layoffs gets me. That frightens me.  I have no other backup skill to fall on. It’s not like anyone will hire me with this look.  I hope I am wrong.

Anyhow, sorry to sound a downer, but that’s reality. 

On bike front, my monster 620 2004 is out in Missouri for few years to be fixed up of her lagging issue when throttle up. 
My triumph engine blew up over a year ago.  Saved up last year and just got her engine replaced with one from eBay with 24k miles few weeks ago. Need to get the oil leak sorted out. 
My Grom has been my daily Whebever weather allows it. 

I hope things are well on your side. 

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 07:05:53 PM »

Thanks for checking.  I lost a lot of Colour everywhere.  70% of my face colour is gone.  It’s tough.  I hate the mirror as I don’t recognize myself anymore in my brain. I don’t wish this on any being.   I try to think positive and move on.  It is not easy.  But atleast I am still around and it could be worse. 

Biggest worry is if I will ever be hired when one of this Days when the constant job layoffs gets me. That frightens me.  I have no other backup skill to fall on. It’s not like anyone will hire me with this look.  I hope I am wrong.

Anyhow, sorry to sound a downer, but that’s reality. 

On bike front, my monster 620 2004 is out in Missouri for few years to be fixed up of her lagging issue when throttle up. 
My triumph engine blew up over a year ago.  Saved up last year and just got her engine replaced with one from eBay with 24k miles few weeks ago. Need to get the oil leak sorted out. 
My Grom has been my daily Whebever weather allows it. 

I hope things are well on your side. 

Well enough, friend. Glad your bikes are getting sorted and glad you're, mostly, hanging in there.

I don't mean to be asking a stupid question but with how deeply this has affected you is cosmetic tattooing an option?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 07:09:37 PM »

Well enough, friend. Glad your bikes are getting sorted and glad you're, mostly, hanging in there.

I don't mean to be asking a stupid question but with how deeply this has affected you is cosmetic tattooing an option?

Not stupid question.  The hardest part is face and hands.  Don’t really see tattooing those. 

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2020, 07:16:15 PM »

Not stupid question.  The hardest part is face and hands.  Don’t really see tattooing those. 

That's your call. I think plenty of people do it but not to the coverage extent you'd likely be looking at. I bet someone that was good at this could make it work.

I know it's popular with women who want permanent makeup tattooed on.

ab
ab

ab

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2020, 07:21:54 PM »

That's your call. I think plenty of people do it but not to the coverage extent you'd likely be looking at. I bet someone that was good at this could make it work.

I know it's popular with women who want permanent makeup tattooed on.

Thought it is just normal tattoo.  Will research cosmetic tattoo.  Thanks.

Looked into micro art but that temporary for few weeks and expensive. 

Thanks

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2020, 07:24:28 PM »

The cosmetic stuff seems to be done more by women and they're not your run off the mill tattoo artist. I *think* they actually have a medical cert for that specific practice. Good luck, man.

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 10:03:28 PM »

images by Tony Kokonis, on Flickr

Hope this cheers you up. The young lady (Winnie Harlow) is a well known model. Everyone please take this in the spirit intended.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 10:08:17 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: