Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 04:56:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vitiligo  (Read 4940 times)
ab
ab

ab

« on: April 09, 2016, 05:06:24 PM »

Just got diagnosed with this awful thing.  Basically immune system kills skin pigment.  If anyone has any info, do please share.  Affecting face and other regions.  I do not wish this on my enemies. 

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 05:47:49 PM »

Sorry to learn about this .  .  .

Friend of mine has it, she just, lives with it and covering up; she is still a beautiful woman

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 06:22:09 PM »

Sorry to learn about this .  .  .

Friend of mine has it, she just, lives with it and covering up; she is still a beautiful woman

Thanks for responding.  it is tough thing to deal with.  losing oneself and identity that i have known and seen all my life slowly is really really hard.

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 07:05:48 PM »

sorry to hear man. Does it hurt at all?

Maybe check out something like microart if it doesnt hurt. I dont know much about Vitiligo though.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 07:38:11 PM »

sorry to hear man. Does it hurt at all?

Maybe check out something like microart if it doesnt hurt. I dont know much about Vitiligo though.

Does NOT hurt at all physically.  But now i fear the mirror so much.  In the morning before i look in the mirror, i say a prayer to not have more spots/blotches appear and continue spreading especially on the face and other visible parts.  It is really tough to lose the person i knew and was familiar with slowly on a daily basis now.  I used to like small chats comical chats with people say in a long line or the barrister's at starbucks or such, but now i have to remember that I am not me anymore and my appearance is changing.  It is just tough and sucks.  i keep thinking about future job interviews and things like that and how this will affect life.  

Only thing I can share with anyone reading this is that this is not contagious at all.  If you see people with this damn thing, do not be afraid or change your view.  Just smile and don't change your behavior or be afraid.

I will definitely look into the micro art.  thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 07:51:52 PM by ab » Logged

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 08:47:04 PM »

Sorry to hear.  I have nothing to add other than this would not change my opinion of you.
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 08:27:02 PM »

I by no means intend this to make light of your situation, but make friends with a blind person. Then when you begin to see yourself the way they see you, maybe this transition into the new you will be less of a struggle.

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 01:05:10 PM »

Does NOT hurt at all physically.  But now i fear the mirror so much.  In the morning before i look in the mirror, i say a prayer to not have more spots/blotches appear and continue spreading especially on the face and other visible parts.  It is really tough to lose the person i knew and was familiar with slowly on a daily basis now.  I used to like small chats comical chats with people say in a long line or the barrister's at starbucks or such, but now i have to remember that I am not me anymore and my appearance is changing.  It is just tough and sucks.  i keep thinking about future job interviews and things like that and how this will affect life.  

Only thing I can share with anyone reading this is that this is not contagious at all.  If you see people with this damn thing, do not be afraid or change your view.  Just smile and don't change your behavior or be afraid.

I will definitely look into the micro art.  thanks for the info.

I actually see someone with Vitiligo atleast once a month, but thats because I live in the city. Alls i knows is, they just look different. other then that, the point is moot. if someone is going to judge you for how you look, you dont want to be friends with them anyway.

If you didnt have a mirror, would you really notice your own changes? i know its hard to compare because it aint happening to me and its a very personal thing. But stop looking in the mirror and keep being who you are, keep taking to people and keep trying to make OTHERS smile. Most decent people will see right through that unless you live in a cinncinazi or some where thats intolerant of differences, then you want to move asap.

Let me know what you think of microart. They deal with Vitilgo apparently and looks like they do a pretty good job too.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 01:22:17 PM »

I had the pleasure of working with someone with vitiligo. She was a beautiful Indian young lady. She was shy at first, very likely because of the condition, but she eventually became comfortable enough with us.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 05:00:10 AM »

Does NOT hurt at all physically.  But now i fear the mirror so much.  In the morning before i look in the mirror, i say a prayer to not have more spots/blotches appear and continue spreading especially on the face and other visible parts.  It is really tough to lose the person i knew and was familiar with slowly on a daily basis now.  I used to like small chats comical chats with people say in a long line or the barrister's at starbucks or such, but now i have to remember that I am not me anymore and my appearance is changing.  It is just tough and sucks.  i keep thinking about future job interviews and things like that and how this will affect life. 

Only thing I can share with anyone reading this is that this is not contagious at all.  If you see people with this damn thing, do not be afraid or change your view.  Just smile and don't change your behavior or be afraid.

I will definitely look into the micro art.  thanks for the info.

I haven't heard of this so I did some quick reading.

It's not hurting you physically, you're still going to have friends & family and your job. All that's really changing is your *look*

I'm heavily accepting of anyone, gay, straight, tattooed, whatever. All it comes down to for me is are they cool or are they a dick?

What will have the greatest affect on this process is *you*  The way you perceive things affects your reality. I know you're not loving life right now but you do have the ability to change that.

Life is full of change and sometimes that can be hard but how hard it is can always be controlled by you to some degree.

I guess the point of all this is though you may feel like it, you are not powerless.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 06:13:19 PM »

Thanks everyone for the supporting words.  I need it and appreciate it.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 04:25:47 PM »

So how's things?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 07:27:29 PM »

So how's things?

Thanks for checking.  I do appreciate it.

It's affecting more and more areas.  I have grown a huge beard to cover the blotch on my chin that is spreading.  It has grayed out all my beard hair.  Above my forehead, it is spreading large.  Under my eye now and nose now.   I feel it is going to hit my hand and feet next.  It's tough and i am working on dealing and accepting it.   The face is the one that is just hard to deal with.  I am thankful it didn't hit me in my early years, i am now in my early 40's.

Riding the motorcycle helps a lot and just forget things and hide under that helmet.   i hope it stops where it is at now.  I really hope and pray.

Keep me in your prayers.

Thanks

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 07:43:12 PM »

Hang in there, man.

ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 06:22:36 AM »

My wife has universal vitiligo. She struggles with the looks she gets when people notice it. But everyone seems totally understanding and accepting. I don't even notice it anymore.

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: